Lectron carbs??

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: Lectron carbs??

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:09 pm

So what's the overall review from those that bought smart carbs?or whatever? is it worth the grand or 500 or whatever it cost? My stock carb has worked excellent with only a float level adjustment to better my fuel mileage....just some power valve adjustment for fun and I'm just not seeing spending the money when my stock carb is excellent. I put a shorty pc slip on exhaust for a little more brap. So is it worth the huge money.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Dyrtmon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 pm

hawaiidirtrider wrote:So what's the overall review from those that bought smart carbs?or whatever? is it worth the grand or 500 or whatever it cost? My stock carb has worked excellent with only a float level adjustment to better my fuel mileage....just some power valve adjustment for fun and I'm just not seeing spending the money when my stock carb is excellent. I put a shorty pc slip on exhaust for a little more brap. So is it worth the huge money.

Well certainly not to you - Lectrons, Smart Carbs (IMO) have value to those who ride in varying altitudes and temps. That said, it's not that
difficult to re jet Keihens for altitude.....Lectrons n smart carbs make such things easy, which is great. However, every action has a reaction, not
to bash such carbs.
2013 300 RR
2009 KTM 300 XCW
2015 Husqvarna FE350
Dyrtmon

Postby Enmerdeur » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:39 am

I only went with Lectron for the extreme altitude changes we get into during a ride. If my elevation was steady I would not bother.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby mtdirtbag » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:42 am

I think the only thing that gives me pause is what Dyrtmon discussed on low end delivery - such as in steep climbs. That is one thing that really works well with the carb, not sure all have experienced the same.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby Dyrtmon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:42 pm

mtdirtbag wrote:I think the only thing that gives me pause is what Dyrtmon discussed on low end delivery - such as in steep climbs. That is one thing that really works well with the carb, not sure all have experienced the same.

Jim, are you saying that your Lectron (didn't you get one?) gives you more low end grunt than the Keihen that came with the bike?
2013 300 RR
2009 KTM 300 XCW
2015 Husqvarna FE350
Dyrtmon

Postby mtdirtbag » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Dyrtmon wrote:
mtdirtbag wrote:I think the only thing that gives me pause is what Dyrtmon discussed on low end delivery - such as in steep climbs. That is one thing that really works well with the carb, not sure all have experienced the same.

Jim, are you saying that your Lectron (didn't you get one?) gives you more low end grunt than the Keihen that came with the bike?

No, I don't have the Lectron and I was eluding to your post where it lost the hit - what I do like about my bike at this point is stopping and helping someone on a steep climb, starting out at a dead stop and rolling into the throttle and finishing the climb. Bike works fantastic but more mpg would be nice.

Tom :D
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby Enmerdeur » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 pm

I have not. The only time I noticed this is when I had the needle 1/4 turn too lean.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Dyrtmon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:29 pm

mtdirtbag wrote:
Dyrtmon wrote:

No, I don't have the Lectron and I was eluding to your post where it lost the hit - what I do like about my bike at this point is stopping and helping someone on a steep climb, starting out at a dead stop and rolling into the throttle and finishing the climb. Bike works fantastic but more mpg would be nice.

Tom :D

Gotcha - Tom....I figured I blew it.. ;)
2013 300 RR
2009 KTM 300 XCW
2015 Husqvarna FE350
Dyrtmon

Postby Dyrtmon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:31 pm

Enmerdeur wrote:

I have not. The only time I noticed this is when I had the needle 1/4 turn too lean.

What needle are you using? I gather there are those that give better lower end than others (richer I suppose).
2013 300 RR
2009 KTM 300 XCW
2015 Husqvarna FE350
Dyrtmon

Postby Enmerdeur » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Dyrtmon wrote:
Enmerdeur wrote:

What needle are you using? I gather there are those that give better lower end than others (richer I suppose).

Not sure. Whichever one comes with the ones you order from Slavens.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

PreviousNext

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke