Re: Lectron carbs??

Postby aj_mariner » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:37 pm

What spark plug?
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby uawelder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:30 pm

So I'm running 32-1 for break in, will go to 50-1 after. That means I will have to move the metering rod to compensate for more fuel.
Here's how it works with the lectron.
Remove seat and gas tank. Use 7/64" long T-handle allen to loosen & remove 3 socket head capscrews. Pull cable, lid and slide up thru the bracket halves that mounts the head to the frame. Use metering rod adj tool to change length of rod. Reset flat to front of engine. Verify measurement of rod length w/ digital caliper. Install slide into carb. Tighten socket head capscrews. Install gas tank and seat.
Done.
Takes me less than 5 min.

Try moving the clip on the stock carb, I did, what a nightmare. It wouldn't fit in between the bracket halves, had to pull it out from the side. I can just imagine what changing the jets would be like. I would rather drink a quart of castor oil than go thru that. I'm old enough to know the other uses of that stuff besides mixing it in your gas.

From my experience people that have problems with the Lectron's either are not taking enough time to get them dialed in or have some underlying problem with their engine that is unknown to them.

My brand spanking new engine with less than an hour on it had a flipping air leak. If I hadn't removed my POS V-Force, that had 4 out 8 reeds that weren't sealing, to install a Rad Valve. I never would have known about the air leak or the leaking reeds. So take that for what's it worth.

I still spent almost 4 hrs getting mine dialed in just right and I'll do it all over again when I change my mixture. Now it wont take that long this next time, but at least an hour at a minimum. Time well spent for the for the benefits.

As my union brothers say, "Quality doesn't cost, It Pays."
uawelder

Postby mrquick68 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:03 am

where was the air leak?

My 18 250 RE rips with the stock carb, very little spooge, but i've got a little missing at WOT. I think i'm too rich and its loading a little. Still a very fast bike though. Gonna drop the stock needle a little and see what happens. Hoping i don't have to do a Lectron, or APT. I'd love to just ride a stock bike again. Plus I like the hit of the stock carb.
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Postby OscarFox » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:08 am

mrquick68 wrote:where was the air leak?

My 18 250 RE rips with the stock carb, very little spooge, but i've got a little missing at WOT. I think i'm too rich and its loading a little. Still a very fast bike though. Gonna drop the stock needle a little and see what happens. Hoping i don't have to do a Lectron, or APT. I'd love to just ride a stock bike again. Plus I like the hit of the stock carb.

You don't HAVE to do a lectron. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock carb. Played with the PV adjuster at all? I would also look at a high comp head from RKtek or Slavens first.
'15 250RR Race
'18 390RR Race
OscarFox

Postby ride2little » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:26 am

Discalimer...but read a little.
The NEEDLE will have little to do w WOT. Pilot-->idle/just off idle, Needle--> midrange, main--> WOT. These cars can be tweaked and are the most responsive solution...moreso over the Lectron.
~MK~
2018 Beta 300rr
2009 BMW F800GS
2019 Honda Monkey
ride2little

Postby mrquick68 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:40 pm

ride2little wrote:

Discalimer...but read a little.
The NEEDLE will have little to do w WOT. Pilot-->idle/just off idle, Needle--> midrange, main--> WOT. These cars can be tweaked and are the most responsive solution...moreso over the Lectron.

I know a decent amount about jetting carbs. But i'm at a loss on this one. It was cold, at sea level - so it was frankly jetted a bit lean. But it never felt lean, pulled hard everwhere... hope i was detonating at WOT? :?
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke