Float ??

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Float ??

Postby redbone477 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Bike 2013 Beta 300 RR. Issue- rode several miles of sandy whooped out trails the other day. Upon arriving back to the truck noticed fuel dripping out of the skid plate. Never had this problem before. Don't know if it's a true float level issue or common after riding that many sand whoops. Anyway looked at all the float level threads on here and don't really understand the adjustment process. Could someone please explain the process? Is there a certain measurement I'm looking for? Or is it just a simple bend of the tang piece in a certain direction. Where do you find the float level specs? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
redbone477

Re: Float ??

Postby ricoyam » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:30 pm

There should be float height specs and procedure in your owners manual.
If you don't have one you can go to the Beta website and download a copy.
Float level setting is pretty much the same for all carbs. Tip the carb so the float lever just touches the closed needle without collapsing the spring and measure from the edge of the carb body where the bowl seats to the bottom of the float. I wouldn't be suprised if all PWK's are the same spec. All FCR's are 19mm.

If you continue to have fuel sloshing problems you might try running longer vent hoses, routing them higher, you could run them into the air box too. If you do that make sure they are long enough to end below the air filter. You don't want to soak your filter with gas.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Re: Float ??

Postby Johnny Depp » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:43 am

Be sure to get rid of your gas cap vent check valve. They will build pressure against the float when the fuel gets hot and cause stalling/ "vapor lock". I 1st noticed fuel smell and found my skid plate full of fuel soaked sand.
Johnny Depp

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke