JD Jetting Accuracy

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

JD Jetting Accuracy

Postby Mslow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:57 pm

I have a 14' 300RR and just purchased the JD Jetting kit to install.
Anyone with experience with this? Curious to see how accurate their specs are and where I should be with air screw and such.
I'm still a noob at carb stuff, so any hints/pointers would be appreciated.

TIA
2014 300rr
Mslow

Re: JD Jetting Accuracy

Postby JimCamp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Just installed one on my 14 300 and is is crisp now and idles smooth mine also has a washer that goes under the power valve spring, I went 1.5 on the air screw and it seem just right now, stock it was always rich feeling and sounding ,,,,not now!
JimCamp

Postby betajuice » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:16 am

all good here too, just ran with their recommendation and running very sweetly now.
betajuice

Postby GMP » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:44 am

Mslow wrote:I have a 14' 300RR and just purchased the JD Jetting kit to install.
Anyone with experience with this? Curious to see how accurate their specs are and where I should be with air screw and such.
I'm still a noob at carb stuff, so any hints/pointers would be appreciated.

TIA

Hey Marco,

With the humidity thrown in its going to be running slightly richer than any altitude/temp specs you may get from JD. Start where he says and do the snap the throttle method to set the air screw. Lets ride soon, I'll help you dial it in. My brother sold the TXC and just got a '14 300RR.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Mslow » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks fellas, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Glenn, We'll be at JT this Sunday and probably next weekend cutting new trails in if you want to come out and ride.
Text me, we'll link up for sure, tell your brother to come too!
2014 300rr
Mslow

Postby Mslow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:08 am

interestingly enough, the main jet was already a 165 and JD suggested the same, however the leak jet was a 35 and they supply a 38, and of course the needle is likely different as is the clip placement.
I'll be testing it out this weekend and seeing how it goes. Anyone have an aftermarket air mixture screw? I had one on my WR that was longer and mounted so I could reach it with my fingers, seems like it would make things much easier.
2014 300rr
Mslow

Postby GMP » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:11 am

RB Designs has one. http://rb-designs.com/rb_designs_llc_015.htm

Two stroke carb is less fussy though once set so not a big deal. If I go out testing jetting or suspension I tape a short piece of fuel line to the bars with a small screwdriver slipped in it, stays put and easy access.

You riding with Steve this weekend? He mentioned something about getting everyone up there for a ride and cookout but I didn't hear it was this week. Next weekend is Mountain Top national.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Mslow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:02 am

GMP wrote:RB Designs has one. http://rb-designs.com/rb_designs_llc_015.htm

Two stroke carb is less fussy though once set so not a big deal. If I go out testing jetting or suspension I tape a short piece of fuel line to the bars with a small screwdriver slipped in it, stays put and easy access.

You riding with Steve this weekend? He mentioned something about getting everyone up there for a ride and cookout but I didn't hear it was this week. Next weekend is Mountain Top national.

I think Steve is locked up this weekend with family stuff, but we did talk about getting new trail cut in with lots of elevation changes, swithcbacks, gnarly hillclimbs and some fast flowing tight stuff and then having a weekend ride event to get them worked in and spend some time on Pisgah playing in the technical stuff.
Tammy broke her clavicle two weeks ago on the off-camber and when we rode through the woods to the access trail, we noticed how clean and perfect the area was. Perfect, unmolested woods, just begging for some hare scramble trails...
2014 300rr
Mslow

Postby HRRacing » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:29 am

Just got my carb back from RB Designs for my 2015 250RR. Had full carb mod performed. Ron informed me that I'm the 1st Beta customer that has had the full carb mod done. Tested a little at home, but going on first full ride tomorrow. Seems very clean and linear now. Also had head mod done as well. I also installed a Keihin single taper needle. I've used Ron before on some of my previous bikes. His work is the real deal. I haven't heard of anyone be disappointed with their performance after using Ron. He has a lot of experience with KTM, GasGas and Japanese bikes. He told me he's looking forward to getting to know the Betas. I'll give a ride report if anyone's interested.
HRRacing

Postby Mslow » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:05 am

Spent some time on the 300 this weekend with the new jetting and was less than pleased.
It felt like it was surging in the lower rpm's and didn't have that smoothness like before.
My experience with jetting is limited to changing the jets and needle, I know absolutely nothing about dialing it in, anyone offer some advice?
Hit me with your questions and I'll do my best to explain.
TIA
2014 300rr
Mslow

Next

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke