Jetting... Needles

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: Jetting... Needles

Postby Silverfox » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:44 am

Hi all Been a lot of years since I have been on a 2/stroke, so need a bit of advice. 0 to 300mts alt. 24deg C, 2016 rr 300. N2ZW in the second clip from top, 38 pilot 165 main, Tried the 168 but felt fat, 35 pilot was to lean(running on) so gone back to 38 at 1,1/4 out, I have acces to the NECJ Suzuki needle and wondering if I should try it. Bike seems to go ok, no flat spots. I have lowered the float and have no fuel coming out the tubes, Hit reserve today at 44kms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tank only measures 9.1lts not 9.5lts. Help!!! need some milage!!
Silverfox

Postby Bandicoot » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 am

Silverfox wrote:Hi all Been a lot of years since I have been on a 2/stroke, so need a bit of advice. 0 to 300mts alt. 24deg C, 2016 rr 300. N2ZW in the second clip from top, 38 pilot 165 main, Tried the 168 but felt fat, 35 pilot was to lean(running on) so gone back to 38 at 1,1/4 out, I have acces to the NECJ Suzuki needle and wondering if I should try it. Bike seems to go ok, no flat spots. I have lowered the float and have no fuel coming out the tubes, Hit reserve today at 44kms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tank only measures 9.1lts not 9.5lts. Help!!! need some milage!!

NECJ 3rd clip will definitely make the bike transition better throughout the range and give you a better torque curve as well, will even be able to carry the 168 MJ without issue, and even be able to use the 35 PJ if you feel its not crisp enough in the bottom end :)
I know a few guys are even running the NECW under those same conditions as yourself and are liking it.
I run the NEDJ on the 2nd clip with the 38 PJ and the 165 MJ but I run my AS at about 1.5-1.75 turns out depending on if its wet or dry conditions :)
Darren ..
If your not ridin' ... Your dyin' .. !!!
Keep on Roostin'
Bandicoot

Postby Trailcutter » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Alta Redneck wrote:
Trailcutter wrote:I have now had a chance to try out my Suzuki needle in my 300RR and repot back. Wow, what a difference! Exactly what I was hoping it would do. It perfectly tames the bike off idle allowing for more linear throttle response and strengthens the mid to upper range while still staying very linear and usable. If any of you haven't tried the Suzuki needles yet, I strongly recommend them. I am using the NECW now replacing the Beta N2ZW. I will use NECJ in the summer when the weather warms up. Traction has become that much easier in the low rev range without having to burn clutch as that initial hit has definitely been softened and lengthened. The mid to WOT has also been drastically improved. Amazing how much of an improvement you can get for only $10.

I just ordered some of the Suzuki needles the other day, just waiting for them to come in. I was just wondering are you running the same clip position with the NE** needles as you would with the beta needles?

My apologies, I didn't notice your question until now. Yes I have been using the same clip position with the NExx series as what the beta chart recommends with its needles. Temperatures were between 40 and 60°, I was using the 35 pilot jet, 168 Main jet and and NECW middle clip position 1-1.5 AS. My weather now is between 60 and 70° and I have switched to the NECJ with the 165 Main jet, pilot jet is still the same. My next ride, I will drop the needle one position from 3 to 2. As the weather continues to warm I will drop my main jet to the 162. I'm possibly a touch rich now but preferred to be a little richer than leaner. I'm still getting 60 miles per tank of gas, a solid 50 before I have to hit reserve. I'm still experimenting with leaning the main circuit in order to accommodate the richer Suzuki needle taper but I've been really happy with the results I've had so far.
Trailcutter

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke