Can I add/subtract tenths of mile on trip odometer?

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Can I add/subtract tenths of mile on trip odometer?

Postby spokexx » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:09 am

Ya know when you ride an enduro or dual sport, and if you are off a few tenths of mileage according to the roll chart youd like to add or subtract the tenth of mile or so to get it even? This can be done on stock DRZ's or any Trailtech computer. How (if possible) can I do it on the stock meter/guage on my 17 Xtrainer?
spokexx

Re: Can I add/subtract tenths of mile on trip odometer?

Postby ricoyam » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 pm

spokexx wrote:Ya know when you ride an enduro or dual sport, and if you are off a few tenths of mileage according to the roll chart youd like to add or subtract the tenth of mile or so to get it even? This can be done on stock DRZ's or any Trailtech computer. How (if possible) can I do it on the stock meter/guage on my 17 Xtrainer?

Should be in your owners manuals.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby spokexx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Yeah I read it over and over and either something gets lost in translation from Italian to English, or the function just simply doesn't exist. It's not a huge deal. Most dual sport rides have plenty of arrows and resets.
spokexx

Postby Josty » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:50 am

Have you guys figured this out? On my 2018 300RR I can't get it to work. I saw another thread that says hold in the left button for a few seconds and it will change to a mode that let's you adjust in tenths, but its not working for me. What am I doing wrong?? Seems odd that you can't run an enduro on these bikes without changing out the odometer or buying an enduro computer.
2018 Beta 300 RR
2007 KTM 400 XCW
2016 BMW S1000XR
2014 MV Agusta Rivale (for sale)
Josty

Postby twowheels » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Not anymore. When the computers switched from TrailTech to the current supplier the display added an engine MIL light and battery health graphic, but the trip meter font shrunk and they lost the ability to adjust the trip mileage up and down.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Josty » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks twowheels. Its an odd thing to remove on a bike that is basically built to run enduros!
2018 Beta 300 RR
2007 KTM 400 XCW
2016 BMW S1000XR
2014 MV Agusta Rivale (for sale)
Josty

Postby twowheels » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Josty wrote:Thanks twowheels. Its an odd thing to remove on a bike that is basically built to run enduros!

True, but they had their European Union masters to satisfy, so they went with that.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Return to Electrical & Wiring