Map switch question

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Map switch question

Postby critt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Hello all,

Is there anything special about the map switch, or is it just a normal switch? As in: do I need to buy to OEM one, or can I use any switch? I assume I can use any switch. A cheap Chinese piece from Amazon is much cheaper than the OEM option. https://www.amazon.ca/Motorcycle-RAXFLY ... cle+switch

Also, where does it connect?

I have a 2016 RR 430 and it did not come with a switch from stock (Canada). Trying to add it now. Thanks,

-James
critt

Re: Map switch question

Postby BDM » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Yup, open/closed switch. I used the very switch you linked and other then the leads being a little short, works well. Simple open/grounded circuit, 2nd lead from switch just needs to be grounded anywhere. Stock = open circuit, grounded = slightly softer delivery. Look for a single female barrel plug located poking out of the wire harness under the frame backbone somewhere between the throttle body and the head.

Bruce
BDM

Re: Map switch question

Postby critt » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:28 pm

BDM wrote:Yup, open/closed switch. I used the very switch you linked and other then the leads being a little short, works well. Simple open/grounded circuit, 2nd lead from switch just needs to be grounded anywhere. Stock = open circuit, grounded = slightly softer delivery. Look for a single female barrel plug located poking out of the wire harness under the frame backbone somewhere between the throttle body and the head.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate the quick feedback. You've answered my question perfectly!

-James
critt

Return to Electrical & Wiring