Re: Beta Ignition Map Switch

Postby wasatchcomm » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Thank you sir
2016 300RR
2016 XTrainer
wasatchcomm

Postby jmgatx » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:57 am

Enmerdeur wrote:So after testing the dual map with a toggle switch I was so impressed that it actually did make a substantial difference in power delivery, I decided using a tucked away toggle switch just would not do.

Also being very anal about keeping my handlebars as uncluttered as possible, I decided to use and combo start switch. This part is KTM part # 59011074100 and has a start button and a locking type "kill switch". Press it once it locks in (circuit closed), press again and it releases (circuit open). Perfect.

So I have a 16 250 race and I really like this set up but do I need a separate switch for my lights? I can use oem start as kill switch, ktm switch for mapping/starter,... will rear brake light, odo, and lights still work without separate switch?
Dumb question but I'm just trying to wrap my head around this before I start ripping out wires.
jmgatx

Postby Enmerdeur » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:01 pm

I left my light/horn/signal/kill switch cluster as is and just replaced the start switch with the unit in the photo.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Johnno » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:14 pm

I just earthed the power switch wire and called it good. I didn't personally find a massive difference, it's nicer with the more aggressive map, for me anyway.

I use the KTM style kill start switch as well, something I hadn't really noticed before is when I am stuck on a hill and scrambling, clawing my way up standing beside the bike and it slides backwards I am on the right side. I use what ever part of my body the back side of the right handlebar touches to push with. This is on extreme torture hills.

But then I am turning the bike off pushing on the kill swtich. Arrrrgh. I've learned to work around it but there was some harsh words spoken.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby ovulex » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 am

Hello guys, I have a 300 RR 2017, can somebody put some pictures with the exact wires and location to connect the map switch ? many thanx
ovulex

Previous

Return to Electrical & Wiring