SICASS to the Rescue

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

SICASS to the Rescue

Postby twowheels » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:37 pm

I took a bike up to the guys at Sicass this afternoon, and following our conversation I think we'll see a number of great parts for our Betas in the near future. When I left the list included:

* plug and play turn signals
* start/kill switch combination (right) and large switch block elimination (left) - $45
* "half-thickness" light/turn/horn switch block - $45
* super sneaky circuit breaker to prevent "inadvertent" starting by button or lever
* license plate holder and illumination

These guys do top notch work and I'm excited to have them on the path to making great parts for the Betas. We'll be carrying the various switches and kits as soon as they become available.

Update - the horn and light switch block is 21mm wide versus the 36mm of the stock block.

Meanwhile, the kill switch moves to the right-hand bar with the start button. That way you can run with or without the lights and horn, and you free up space on the left bar for things like map switches and GPS or time-keeper controls.

Both are available now and feature clearly marked terminals and plugs to make the swap super-easy.
Last edited by twowheels on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Re: SICASS to the Rescue

Postby flybars » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:52 am

Thanks Steve. Quality products for sure.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby GMP » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 am

How many of us have started the bike accidentally or have kids that like to push buttons? I added a switch in series also on the bars but it does get bumped off occasionally. Hidden would be good.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 am

GMP wrote:How many of us have started the bike accidentally or have kids that like to push buttons? I added a switch in series also on the bars but it does get bumped off occasionally. Hidden would be good.

I mentioned that as I was strapping on the Dirt Bag (look them up, great product if you have to trailer or use a pickup with your bike in crappy weather) I activated the starter. They offer switches that are keyed or regular throw switches, both of which act as a kill switch as well as interrupting the power to the start switch, so your buddy can't even kick the bike over and hide it in the woods on you.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
twowheels

Postby GMP » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:13 pm

I need some type of bike security device that will work with an iPhone as we leave bikes on a trailer or in a pickup overnight. My pitbulls take care of it at home. :twisted: :lol: Last sunday AM we leave the hotel for breakfast to find my nephew's Husky stolen off the trailer. Mine was loose but the heavy cable too much trouble. After the cops leave, my brother takes a ride and sees a yellow fender sticking out from behind a shed near a crack whore hotel not too far away. Talk about luck!
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby mcnut » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Thieves suck.
mcnut

Postby twowheels » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 pm

I should have my boys start a breeding kennel - buy a Beta, get a bully ;)
twowheels

Postby GMP » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:21 pm

No breeding! There are way too many in Detroit area shelters. Mine are from Newark and Brooklyn, NY.

Steve, post a pic of the starter/ignition kill when you get a chance. I imagine it's not on the bars? My setup is OK but once I bumped it off, fell, and no joy thrumming the starter button.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Whiskeythrottle24 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Nice! I will keep my eyes open for your post when they get in......definitely interested in the right & left hand switches Thanks for the heads up!
2015 X Trainer
2014 300RR racing edition
2013 300RR
2009 525RS
2005 525RR (plated)
2009 KTM 530 EXCR
1990 KDX 200 mint!
Whiskeythrottle24

Postby ks9mm » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:47 am

twowheels wrote:I took a bike up to the guys at Sicass this afternoon, and following our conversation I think we'll see a number of great parts for our Betas in the near future. When I left the list included:

* plug and play turn signals
* start/kill switch combination (right) and large switch block elimination (left)
* half-thickness light/turn/horn switch block
* super sneaky circuit breaker to prevent "inadvertent" starting by button or lever
* license plate holder and illumination

These guys do top notch work and I'm excited to have them on the path to making great parts for the Betas. We'll be carrying the various switches and kits as soon as they become available.

any updates?? I am ready to replace left side switch and start/kill switch with something waterproof...
2014 Beta 300RR
2015 Husky TE125 (sold)
Husky WR300 (sold)
Husky TE510 supermoto sold
ks9mm

Next

Return to Electrical & Wiring