Rear Blinker/Plate Relocation Help

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Rear Blinker/Plate Relocation Help

Postby VTMTcowboy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:04 am

Just got a new 15 500 RS! Still can't believe it. But its now time to do a little work to it. I was wondering if anybody had pictures or information on the best way to relocate the blinkers and license plate so that way I can remove the lower plastic on the rear fender? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
VTMTcowboy

Re: Rear Blinker/Plate Relocation Help

Postby ricoyam » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Just remove the extension and use the Sicass indicators. The bases of the indicators is a little bit bigger than the mounting area but they still fit just fine. I'll try to remember to take a picture but I'm really busy right now getting ready for the Reunion Ride.
I mounted my plate sideways which isn't exactly legal but the indicators them selves and the distance between them isn't either.
I made some carbon fiber license plate backing plates. They're nice for any of the bikes with springy rear fenders as they help reduce the weight on the end of the fender.

Oh, you also lose the license plate light which will be illegal too but I have street bikes and just use my 430 for off-road and dual sporting. Not every day riding.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby MorBeta » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Rico,

I hope you have a great time at the ISDTRR. Wish I could go and participate this year. Absolutely amazing race facilities in Athens.

Cheers!
Earn it!
Bikes: 17 Beta 300RR, 69 Maico 360, 71 Maico 400, 78 & 79 Maico 400 GS, 73 DKW 125 Enduro, 74 Rokon RT340, 77 Penton 250 GS6, 78 & 79 KTM 400 GS, 82 & 83 HUS 430WR, 96 KAW KDX 200
MorBeta

Postby VTMTcowboy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:57 am

Thanks, I'll mess around with it my next day off.
VTMTcowboy

Postby ricoyam » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:26 pm

VTMTcowboy wrote:Thanks, I'll mess around with it my next day off.

You'll see how simple it is when you do. All you need is the Sicass indicators, I think the Part number is 201-x, the x being the variable for the wiring connector. You'll want the universal one.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
ricoyam

Postby Cappy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:44 pm

I took my plate to a local graphic design shop and had it photo-shopped into a decal/vinyl sticker which fits perfectly onto the rear fender mud flap extension. The new sticker plate is a miniaturized perfect copy of the actual plate but as a precautionary measure I put the original plate into the airbox along with my registration just in case the PO questions my minimalist approach. Cost for the graphic stickers was $16 a piece. I got this idea from my days racing endures in Europe where they use these mini plates routinely on most endure bikes.
Cappy

Postby ricoyam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:40 pm

Cappy wrote:I took my plate to a local graphic design shop and had it photo-shopped into a decal/vinyl sticker which fits perfectly onto the rear fender mud flap extension. The new sticker plate is a miniaturized perfect copy of the actual plate but as a precautionary measure I put the original plate into the airbox along with my registration just in case the PO questions my minimalist approach. Cost for the graphic stickers was $16 a piece. I got this idea from my days racing endures in Europe where they use these mini plates routinely on most endure bikes.

Careful with this.
It's not legal in most areas that I know of.
I was told by a CHP friend that defrauding the DMV is a felony. Not sure if using a copy of a plate would fall under defrauding but it could.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
ricoyam

Return to Electrical & Wiring