Fuel guage light

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Fuel guage light

Postby dirtbill » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi all I'm new here, I have a couple of questions, bought an 017 430 RR-s here in canada, first issue was getting insurance as the importer has not registered the bikes with transport Canada which means many insurance companies don't want to insure it as a dual sport, he really needs to get off his duff and get that sorted.

But thats not the issue first I have a warning light on, it is on the key switch side of the speedo which according to the online manual should be the FI light but the light says its fuel guage, dealer says the ethanol has reacted with the float and now its jammed, anyone heard of this? is my light in the right location?

Also has some horrible noises happening at idle, dealer re-flashed the control module but I understand they have three possible idle settings to choose from, anyone have any suggestions which is best?

I did manage a short hour long ride on the bike last weekend, seems pretty nice so far.

Thanks
dirtbill

Re: Fuel guage light

Postby jaysktms » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:05 am

I have a 2017 430 RRS that doing the same thing. I feel your pain but come on there has been ethanol in fuel for at least 20 yrs. I have nor gone back to the dealer yet.
jaysktms

Postby dirtbill » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Never did hear back from the distributor, I removed the light, its a clear tank and I've been figuring out how much gas I have without a light for a long time so I guess its gonna be a bit longer.

1600 kms om it now, re-sprung both ends, raised and moved bars forward and fiddled with the clickers to the point it works pretty well, doesn't like whoops but it isn't meant to moto anyway. Motor is pretty sweet, handling once set up very precise, can pick lines and place the front wheel extremely well.
dirtbill

Postby Canadave » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:27 pm

dirtbill wrote:Hi all I'm new here, I have a couple of questions, bought an 017 430 RR-s here in canada, first issue was getting insurance as the importer has not registered the bikes with transport Canada which means many insurance companies don't want to insure it as a dual sport, he really needs to get off his duff and get that sorted.

But thats not the issue first I have a warning light on, it is on the key switch side of the speedo which according to the online manual should be the FI light but the light says its fuel guage, dealer says the ethanol has reacted with the float and now its jammed, anyone heard of this? is my light in the right location?

Also has some horrible noises happening at idle, dealer re-flashed the control module but I understand they have three possible idle settings to choose from, anyone have any suggestions which is best?

I did manage a short hour long ride on the bike last weekend, seems pretty nice so far.

Thanks

Insurance- try the personal. They insured my 250rr no problem.

Fuel issue - use shell 91 going forward if possible, contains no ethanol
Canadave

Return to Electrical & Wiring