Condenser and diode pack warranty parts and replacement

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Re: Condenser and diode pack warranty parts and replacement

Postby Clearvu1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:04 pm

I got the replacement parts for my '16 250RR earlier this year. The other day I noticed an air bubble in the oil feed tube just above the reed cage. Thought that was strange, never noticed it before so I mixed some oil with the gas in the tank and went riding. Checked again after a bit and there was oil in the line so I felt good about it. No warning lights on the dashboard. Last ride noticed air bubble again. Put the bike on stand, started it up and watched...no movement in the feeder tube, no warning light, air bubble didn't budge. Opened the air box, checked connections, looked fine. Tested the pump, 21 ohms, right in the ball park. Pulled the new capacitor out, replaced with the old, started bike and it began pumping, air bubble gone in 15 or 20 seconds, looked like 3 or 4 pump cycles.

Does anybody know the proper method of testing the new capacitor? I suppose it's possible I bumped something else while I was in there and it started working, I'd like to verify the cap so I know for sure, one way or the other.
Clearvu1

Re: Condenser and diode pack warranty parts and replacement

Postby aj_mariner » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:37 am

Mid-range Fluke Digital Multimeters test capacitance...not sure what they run these days
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Previous

Return to Electrical & Wiring