X-Trainer Yellow Alternator Light ????

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

X-Trainer Yellow Alternator Light ????

Postby Yorick » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:54 am

Good morning all :)

Sometimes on the Beta X-Trainer, the yellow alternator light on the dash stays on the whole journey. There's no pattern, but it's about 50% of the time

The bike is only 6 months old.

I just tested it with a meter and it showed 12.65 with engine off and high 13s with engine running. Twice the yellow light stayed on, and again it showed high 13s

Also I could see the headlight shining brighter when engine revved, so it's charging OK

Is there a problem or something to worry about? I'm worried about getting stuck somewhere very remote

The guy who runs the shop is OK, but obviously a language problem, so don't wanna take it back unless it's a real problem. (Spanish here)

The bike supposedly has a warranty, but not sure how good it will be.

Thanks in advance
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Re: X-Trainer Yellow Alternator Light ????

Postby Rv4Bob » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:29 am

I would think the only thing to do would be basic wiring check.
My main ground was loose, under the tank right were the backbone starts.
Uses an allen bolt, I'd remove make sure you got a good ground/clean, then reinstall.
check the plugs under the front headlight/number plate the wires get very tight when moving bars lock to lock.
Maybe loosened up a plug. Also check the capacitor and diode plugs under left number plate, just aft of air filter cover.
check the plugs on the oil pump, in air filter box, can you see that the oil injection line is full/solid with oil?
not sure its the alternator light, more of a systems light?
good luck, let us know what happens.
Rv4Bob

Re: X-Trainer Yellow Alternator Light ????

Postby Yorick » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Rv4Bob wrote:I would think the only thing to do would be basic wiring check.
My main ground was loose, under the tank right were the backbone starts.
Uses an allen bolt, I'd remove make sure you got a good ground/clean, then reinstall.
check the plugs under the front headlight/number plate the wires get very tight when moving bars lock to lock.
Maybe loosened up a plug. Also check the capacitor and diode plugs under left number plate, just aft of air filter cover.
check the plugs on the oil pump, in air filter box, can you see that the oil injection line is full/solid with oil?
not sure its the alternator light, more of a systems light?
good luck, let us know what happens.

Pages 31 & 32 in this, cover the problem. It's LED 4

https://www.betausa.com/sites/default/f ... manual.pdf

I did what you suggested and found the +ve battery terminal was a bit loose. Since I tightened it, had no more problems. Fingers crossed

Thanks
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Return to Electrical & Wiring