2016 Beta 350rr won't start

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

2016 Beta 350rr won't start

Postby jonesytwo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:13 pm

So, out for a trail ride and the betas running fine. Stop for a break, hit the starter and bike turns over but will not fire. Much kicking and bump starting later I realise the fuel pump is not priming so had to sit for 2 hrs while my buddy gets the van to rescue me :?

Back home (fuel tank off) tried a battery straight onto the pump and she primed up no problem (suggests pump ok?), checked the voltage on the connector that locates in the pump and it seems to be around 3 volts when hitting the starter (battery fully charged at 12.8v).

Anybody have any idea how much voltage is needed to prime the pump and more importantly why there is so little output from the ecu? Is there anything else that controls the output voltage?

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jonesy
jonesytwo

Re: 2016 Beta 350rr won't start

Postby Marty Moose » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:34 pm

3v at the pump you have a volt drop issue. Check all your earths and check from the fuel pump relay forward.

MM
Marty Moose

Re: 2016 Beta 350rr won't start

Postby jonesytwo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:37 pm

hi mm

thanks for the response, all elecs seemed earthed ok as had continuity on these circuits, couldn't find fuel pump relay (probably because I don't know what I am looking for :D )

Have tried everything I could with my 'limited' knowledge so I guess its dealer time.

thanks again

jonesy
jonesytwo

Return to Electrical & Wiring