Hello Italian gremlins

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Re: Hello Italian gremlins

Postby Marty Moose » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Most of our events were wet last year I've had no electrical issues. I've stripped the bike for racing all of the main fuel injection plugs are well water proofed. All the other plugs are exposed and not real good however silicone grease used on all of these has been fine. The only issue I've had is the tail light not working some more grease was all that was needed this in 140hrs of use. I can't see any of this as too much of an issue unlike the new WR's with all the relays on top of the rear guard these were a major issue here in the wet.

MM
Marty Moose

Re: Hello Italian gremlins

Postby celler » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Had a similar problem with a blown fuse and thought I would document what I found in this tread, One of the wires that went to the horn wore though the insulation rubbing on the radiator louver. Then with a large enough hit the hone bracket would flex back and one of the mounting nuts on the hone would ground the wire and blow the fuse. So the bike would start normally and the next time I would go to hit the starter after riding hard I had nothing. In the garage and easy riding everything seemed perfect. It required a good hit to blow the fuse.
celler

Previous

Return to Electrical & Wiring