Ignition coil

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Ignition coil

Postby Clearvu1 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:24 am

Has anybody had any issues with their ignition coils on a 2t? My 2016 250RR is having issues, rough idle and even a backfire. Gas is good, changed the plug, no change. Looked over stator and everything is good. Problem seems to get worse at higher engine temps.
Does anybody know of a source for a universal or aftermarket coil?
Clearvu1

Re: Ignition coil

Postby redbone477 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 pm

I’m having the same issue on my 13 300rr. Do you have an update?
redbone477

Postby twowheels » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:56 am

Clearvu1 wrote:Has anybody had any issues with their ignition coils on a 2t? My 2016 250RR is having issues, rough idle and even a backfire. Gas is good, changed the plug, no change. Looked over stator and everything is good. Problem seems to get worse at higher engine temps.
Does anybody know of a source for a universal or aftermarket coil?

Don't know if this has been resolved or not, but check the ground integrity.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Clearvu1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:35 am

Yes, after much prodding and probing it appears the rear harness had a fault in it somewhere, I haven't dissected it to locate the exact fault yet. To complicate matters even more the first replacement harness from Beta also had a fault that caused my OI fault indicator to light and the pump to go into safety "full pump" mode. Now, after 2 replacements all seems to be fine again, other than for some reason my tail light has gone dark. I don't know who the electrical engineer at Beta is but perhaps the company might be better served if they reassigned him to a different department.
Clearvu1

Postby Clearvu1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:03 am

Ground wire in tail light assembly has separated. Problem not associated with harness.
Clearvu1

Return to Electrical & Wiring