Adjust engine hours on trip computer?

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Adjust engine hours on trip computer?

Postby j_humphries » Wed May 29, 2019 1:56 pm

For the 2017 300RR, is there any way to adjust engine hours on the stock Facomsa trip computer?
I want to add hours to the overall time.
I've had 2 instances now where the crappy little cover loosened so that the coin battery lost contact and shut off the computer.

When I re-seated the battery and turned the unit on, the hour meter actually lost about 5 hours from where it was the last time I noted it. WTF?
j_humphries

Re: Adjust engine hours on trip computer?

Postby Hubert Carpet » Fri May 31, 2019 12:28 am

There isn't a normal way of doing this as it would be a scammer's charter to knock hours or mileage off a bike. I know someone who can change KTM speedos but he is an electronics engineer in the aerospace industry. Not much he can't do.

There is usually a rubber o-ring round the battery cap. Is yours missing or has it shrunk enough to let the cap come loose?
2020 200RR.
2014 300RR. Gone but not forgotten.
Hubert Carpet

Postby j_humphries » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:47 am

Yeah, I realize that, but it wouldn't help a scammer if the trip computer would only let you add hours to the count.

Besides, this unit has a significant bug since it somehow lost 5 hours from the total count after it lost battery contact and was off for a few days.

The o-ring is ok, but the cap isn't generating enough force on the coin battery to maintain contact. Maybe there was a spring or something there before that is now lost? I resorted to folding up a small piece of tape and placing it between the the battery and the cap so the battery stays put on the contacts.
j_humphries

Postby ScruffyDroid » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:13 am

This worked for me when I replaced piston and rings.

https://youtu.be/xNEa6s7Y3V4
ScruffyDroid

Return to Electrical & Wiring