2018 RR 125 Electrical issues.

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

2018 RR 125 Electrical issues.

Postby VerttiRR125 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi. My RR125 just blew a cdi. I swapped it with my friends from a Husqvarna TE 125 2016. The bike runs fine but now the tachometer is going haywire. It reads fine when the bike idles but when the rpm rises it goes haywire with losing pixels going dark etc. Does anyone know what it could be? I already swapped the stator and tried it with a new voltage regulator. No effect on it. Also i checked the wiring harness from the point it bends when turning the bars. It seems to be alright. Any other possible places where the wiring could be faulty? Could it be that the tachometer is broken? The bike only has 125h on it and everything seems to be in great condition otherwise. Anyone else had this problem?
Im new here and help is appreciated. Thx.
VerttiRR125

Re: 2018 RR 125 Electrical issues.

Postby twowheels » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:32 pm

You may have answered your own question. While your buddy's cdi runs the ignition portion, the other aspects are not the same. If you don't have a wiring or ground issue, you just need a new (Beta specific) cdi.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Re: 2018 RR 125 Electrical issues.

Postby VerttiRR125 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:38 pm

twowheels wrote:You may have answered your own question. While your buddy's cdi runs the ignition portion, the other aspects are not the same. If you don't have a wiring or ground issue, you just need a new (Beta specific) cdi.

Are you sure about the cdi. I noticed the capacitor on my beta looks suspicious also. Looks like it has some rust or something inside. Could that effect it? Also has anyone tried to run a beta with ktm cdi?
VerttiRR125

Return to Electrical & Wiring