2021 300RR RE - Race Harness

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

2021 300RR RE - Race Harness

Postby bzrperfspec77 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 pm

Has anyone tried to install a race wiring harness on their 2021 2 Stroke yet? I found a couple issues when I got mine:

- The rear taillight connection is for the old "triangle" style
- It eliminates the TPS sensor. It is not listed in the directions or description on the site
- Oh yeah, speaking of directions, there are none.
- When the ground for the front of harness is hooked up to the ground on the ignition coil, it will not reach the front connections. It will not reach the front of the bike even with the ground not connected and all of the other connections are made
- It came with the old style map switch. It does not state in the description that the new map switch is not to be used. If you are trying to remove the big cluster on the left of the bars, why add another thing that needs to attach to the bars?

I like options/choices, but do you really need to include a mx style start button, kill switch, and then a combo light/kill switch? Just keep the stock start/kill switch and offer a toggle/light switch.
bzrperfspec77

Re: 2021 300RR RE - Race Harness

Postby bzrperfspec77 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:57 am

So there are directions, you just need to find them on the BETA USA website. Wish I looked before as it's not what I was hoping the harness would be...

It does remove the TPS Sensor connection (but it leaves the connection going to the carb?), no mention of changing the map switch to the old style, no use of the taillight as the old connection cannot be used.

I guess I'm going to have to cobble something together now
bzrperfspec77

Return to Electrical & Wiring