E-starter

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

E-starter

Postby TheOcepek » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:58 am

I have a problem with my starter i had a weak battery and because i didnt have time and money to get a new one i rode with it a little over a month and hat a pretty hard fall in one of the races so that the engine mount and the left radiator broke. Now that i had time i got a new battery but the starter doesnt work. I tried it out with a 12V 4.2Ah battery but the bendix just spinns and wont engage but what is strange to me i then took a 12V 4Ah battery and the bendix engages but doesnt have the power to crank the engine over i was told it might be the starter magnets not the bendix so anyone have any ideas?
TheOcepek

Re: E-starter

Postby Dirt ninja » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:16 pm

Hard enough crash to break an engine mount is a pretty good hit. My guess is broken or partially broken wire going from the battery, relay, or starter. I'd also check the ground wire. All else fails, I'd pull the starter and see if something didn't break inside the starter. My starter just quit working a couple weeks back, midride. Took it out and some plastic bits from around the brushes broke and wedged the rotors. Cleaned it all up and has worked awesome since, including a race.
Dirt ninja

Return to Electrical & Wiring