TrailTech Voyager Operation

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

TrailTech Voyager Operation

Postby Neil E. » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:10 pm

2022 390 RRS (new)

The Voyager will not power up on it's own. Does Beta have TrailTech modify the units so there is no battery installed? The unit does power up when the key is turned on. I've had a Voyager on my previous bike for the last 10 years so I'm familiar with how it worked. On the old bike I could power on the Voyager to have a look at maps WITHOUT needing to start the bike. I hate the idea of needing the ignition on (thus loading the bike battery with the headlight etc). Sure I could start the bike, but that's a waste of fuel just to study a map for a few minutes.
Neil E.

Re: TrailTech Voyager Operation

Postby Neil E. » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Thought I should update this post. I emailed TrailTech and this is their reply:

They are all shipped with an internal battery. It sounds as though the internal battery could be dead for some reason.If your last one was about 10 years old, the only changes that were made are upgrades to the joystick, software updates, and the internal GPS antenna was moved from the front of the unit to around the LCD screen.

I contacted my dealer and they had a Voyager battery in stock. Mailed it out to me under warranty and I installed it. The latch for the wiring connector is tiny. A bit of fingernail pressure released it. The Voyager is now working as expected. The antenna picks up satellites faster than the old unit.
Neil E.

Return to Electrical & Wiring