SICASS to the Rescue

Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Re: SICASS to the Rescue

Postby 454X » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:31 pm

ks9mm wrote:
twowheels wrote:I took a bike up to the guys at Sicass this afternoon, and following our conversation I think we'll see a number of great parts for our Betas in the near future. When I left the list included:

* plug and play turn signals
* start/kill switch combination (right) and large switch block elimination (left)
* half-thickness light/turn/horn switch block
* super sneaky circuit breaker to prevent "inadvertent" starting by button or lever
* license plate holder and illumination

These guys do top notch work and I'm excited to have them on the path to making great parts for the Betas. We'll be carrying the various switches and kits as soon as they become available.

any updates?? I am ready to replace left side switch and start/kill switch with something waterproof...[/

quote]

Me too, let us know when you know bro!
2014 BETA 300RR W/36MM LECTRON.
2012 HUSQVARNA CR165WB W/36MM LECTRON.
454X

Postby ricoyam » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:51 pm

ks9mm wrote:
twowheels wrote:I took a bike up to the guys at Sicass this afternoon, and following our conversation I think we'll see a number of great parts for our Betas in the near future. When I left the list included:

* start/kill switch combination (right) and large switch block elimination (left)
* half-thickness light/turn/horn switch block
* super sneaky circuit breaker to prevent "inadvertent" starting by button or lever

These guys do top notch work and I'm excited to have them on the path to making great parts for the Betas. We'll be carrying the various switches and kits as soon as they become available.

any updates?? I am ready to replace left side switch and start/kill switch with something waterproof...

Nothing on their website yet. I just looked in anticipation of getting my new bike. If you know how to wire things the switches are available and I was going to check and see how close the KTM fender is to the Betas.

That's one thing that always sucks about getting the latest, greatest thing. The accessory market isn't there to support you yet. It was the same when I started riding KTM's, there was no aftermarket yet.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby twowheels » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:41 pm

I'll get an update tomorrow on retail availability. I had a bike up there for a week and saw the prototyped switches when I picked it up. I have the remote kill switches here but they haven't given me pricing yet.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby twowheels » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:48 am

The switches are now available and plug right into the stock connectors - pm me if you want some.

Headlight off/low/high plus horn - $44.95

Pair that with either

a) kill switch for left bar - $11.95 or

b) kill/start combo switch for the right bar - $44.95

Shipping in the US for $5.25
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
twowheels

Postby ks9mm » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:01 pm

thanks Steve,

Please post pic!

Also, are the switches water resistant?
2014 Beta 300RR
2015 Husky TE125 (sold)
Husky WR300 (sold)
Husky TE510 supermoto sold
ks9mm

Postby ricoyam » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Did they happen to say anything about the tail light unit?
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby twowheels » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:28 am

ricoyam wrote:Did they happen to say anything about the tail light unit?

The blinker kits aren't ready yet but they do have a small LED that attaches to the fender to provide illumination to a license plate. Apparently Beta already provides power back there, they just needed to add a light.

The switches are designed for off-road use, but like most I'm sure they'd protest if deluged by a pressure washer.
twowheels

Postby ks9mm » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:37 am

twowheels wrote:
ricoyam wrote:Did they happen to say anything about the tail light unit?

The switches are designed for off-road use, but like most I'm sure they'd protest if deluged by a pressure washer.

LOL!!

I do not wash switches with pressure washer!! :D but there is always over spray and all. stock switch would short out even when riding in rain. just want to make sure that $45 will buy me more reliability. thats all
2014 Beta 300RR
2015 Husky TE125 (sold)
Husky WR300 (sold)
Husky TE510 supermoto sold
ks9mm

Postby twowheels » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:32 am

* start/kill switch combination (right) and large switch block elimination (left) - $45
* "half-thickness" light/turn/horn switch block - $45

Update - the horn and light switch block is 21mm wide versus the 36mm of the stock block.

Meanwhile, the kill switch moves to the right-hand bar with the start button. That way you can run with or without the lights and horn, and you free up space on the left bar for things like map switches and GPS or time-keeper controls.

Both are available now and feature clearly marked terminals and plugs to make the swap super-easy.

Post with pics
twowheels

Postby mcnut » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Cool.
mcnut

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical & Wiring