Digging into the CC Sachs

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Re: Digging into the CC Sachs

Postby mistico » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

UPDATE:

Took the 300RR out today after changing the oil on the forks and the difference is VERY noticeable. They improved way more than I thought they would and honestly, I wouldn't change anything on the forks right now. I'm sure I'll want to fiddle with them some more after more time on them. I went in one click on compression, and slowed down the rebound 3 clicks and the forks feel awesome. Highly recommended for folks with these forks to change the oil first and then decide if they still need a re-valve.

I'm very happy with how the forks feel after this simple fix.
mistico

Postby Marty Moose » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Great news lots seam to be happy with this. Did you map the std shim stacks ?

MM
Marty Moose

Postby mistico » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 am

I did not lay out the shim stacks since I didn't even disassemble them, just oil was changed. I'll do this for next fluid change.

Do I remove them, lay them out in order and measure with a micrometer?
mistico

Postby celler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:58 pm

I always wonder why the manufactures don't publish this information. Be a simple thing that is very helpful to many of their customers. Eventually the information does get out so It is not like it is proprietary. To me it is a great opportunity to improve customer service.
celler

Postby bikesparky » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:29 pm

celler wrote:I always wonder why the manufactures don't publish this information. Be a simple thing that is very helpful to many of their customers. Eventually the information does get out so It is not like it is proprietary. To me it is a great opportunity to improve customer service.

Funny thing is that from the factory the forks have that Tellus 32 syrup in them but in the manual for these forks they say "fill with good quality 5W oil".
Strange....
bikesparky

Postby Johnny Depp » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Obviously Obvious. Leaving the factory with the wrong fork oil.
Johnny Depp

Postby twowheels » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:02 am

celler wrote:I always wonder why the manufactures don't publish this information. Be a simple thing that is very helpful to many of their customers. Eventually the information does get out so It is not like it is proprietary. To me it is a great opportunity to improve customer service.

There are a couple reasons not to, the most pressing being that if you screw up your suspension there can be real world, harmful consequences when it all comes apart.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Hammer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:10 am

twowheels wrote:

There are a couple reasons not to, the most pressing being that if you screw up your suspension there can be real world, harmful consequences when it all comes apart.

I see your point Steve but we all know the real reason is control.
Hammer

Postby twowheels » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:51 am

Hammer wrote:
twowheels wrote:

I see your point Steve but we all know the real reason is control.

You're welcome to buy a set and dig in ...
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Marty Moose » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:09 pm

KTM do however WP has been so bad they needed too :) :) :) I'll be getting a new bike and will post them up soon as they are bedded in.

MM
Marty Moose

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension