Dirty fork oil syndrome

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Re: Dirty fork oil syndrome

Postby webmaster » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm

This thread has gone on for many many pages.. With a little bit of thrashing going on ....

This forum requires little to no moderation as the folks here are so mature and civil - it is *very* rarely necessary - okay it's so close to "never" that I'll just say "never" needs any moderation...

But I want to remind folks the "golden rule" I apply when things get a little contentious.

"It is okay to attack an idea, but it is not okay to attack a person".

Name calling or personally derogatory comments towards a person or a company/person get my attention and are a violation of the rules here. I really don't have time to read through all of the nearly 30 pages here to check to make sure all is okay... And I don't see anything wrong...

Please keep that in mind and give me a heads up if someone new comes on and crosses the line. And if someone wants to dance right up to the line to tap dance on my nerves - well, I don't have time to fence or spar with anyone these days... Too old, too busy with more important things in my life, etc....

thanks and please do continue on... :-)

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby twowheels » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm

webmaster wrote:This thread has gone on for many many pages.. With a little bit of thrashing going on ....

This forum requires little to no moderation as the folks here are so mature and civil - it is *very* rarely necessary - okay it's so close to "never" that I'll just say "never"....

But I want to remind folks the "golden rule" I apply when things get a little contentious.

Name calling or personally derogatory comments towards a person or a company/person get my attention and are a violation of the rules here. I really don't have time to read through all of the nearly 30 pages here to check to make sure all is okay... And I don't see anything wrong...

Please keep that in mind and give me a heads up if someone new comes on and crosses the line. And if someone wants to dance right up to the line to tap dance on my nerves - well, I don't have time to fence or spar with anyone these days... Too old, too busy with more important things in my life, etc....

jeff

Hey Jeff, thanks for checking in.

Merry Christmas!
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby webmaster » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:12 pm

twowheels wrote:
webmaster wrote:This thread has gone on for many many pages.. With a little bit of thrashing going on ....

This forum requires little to no moderation as the folks here are so mature and civil - it is *very* rarely necessary - okay it's so close to "never" that I'll just say "never"....

jeff

Hey Jeff, thanks for checking in.

Merry Christmas!

Well Hey Steve!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! ;-)

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby betafannm » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Would you consider having the "hard" coating applied before breaking the forks in?
betafannm

Postby bikesparky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:30 pm

betafannm wrote:Would you consider having the "hard" coating applied before breaking the forks in?

That's the right time to do it!
bikesparky

Postby jpgibson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Excuse my ignorance ( and my unwillingness to read 20 something pages), what part gets hard coated. My oil , changed after one ride looked like grey milk. Is it the damping rod?
Ta
Jonathan
jpgibson

Postby typeone » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:12 am

i know it's early, and not sure if they're even in the wild yet but... has anyone seen or heard of this issue on the 2018 RE Sachs?

jpgibson wrote:Excuse my ignorance ( and my unwillingness to read 20 something pages), what part gets hard coated. My oil , changed after one ride looked like grey milk. Is it the damping rod?
Ta
Jonathan

the upper fork tubes get hard coated inside and out.
'13 250RR / '19 200RR / '22 200RE
typeone

Postby robw122 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:07 am

I just had mine done by TwoWheels. They come back a really cool greenish color. The OC's on my 17 250 were hammered at 60 hours. Not acceptable QC on Beta's part, but it is an addressable problem. It was about a 2 week turnaround and priced very fairly.
robw122

Postby NW_250RR » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:06 pm

robw122 wrote:I just had mine done by TwoWheels. They come back a really cool greenish color. The OC's on my 17 250 were hammered at 60 hours. Not acceptable QC on Beta's part, but it is an addressable problem. It was about a 2 week turnaround and priced very fairly.

Hey Rob do you mind posting pics of what they look like, I'm curious. My 17 250's forks are also wearing pretty good on the outer tubes. Im waiting to see what Beta does currently as I filed a warranty claim. Ive chatted with TwoWheels a couple times about it and there is a chance ill be sending mine to him as well..
NW_250RR

Postby robw122 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:47 pm

NW_250RR wrote:
robw122 wrote:I just had mine done by TwoWheels. They come back a really cool greenish color. The OC's on my 17 250 were hammered at 60 hours. Not acceptable QC on Beta's part, but it is an addressable problem. It was about a 2 week turnaround and priced very fairly.

Hey Rob do you mind posting pics of what they look like, I'm curious. My 17 250's forks are also wearing pretty good on the outer tubes. Im waiting to see what Beta does currently as I filed a warranty claim. Ive chatted with TwoWheels a couple times about it and there is a chance ill be sending mine to him as well..

I'd be happy to, I'll snap one tomorrow or as soon as I get a chance. There's also a pic earlier in this thread of the after product, mine look identical.
Edit - page 23...
robw122

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension