Beta Factory Suspension Who had it Done

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Beta Factory Suspension Who had it Done

Postby jaysktms » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Hello all, looking for input from people who went with the Beta Factory Suspension route? What did you think the good the bad, how was support, did you to send it back for improvements/adjustments.
jaysktms

Re: Beta Factory Suspension Who had it Done

Postby jaysktms » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Wow! 10 days and no one has ever used Beta Factory Suspension
jaysktms

Postby Rob578 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:40 pm

I thought about it when I bought my 2021 but I took Aaron's advice to just ride for awhile and then figure out what my needs are.

What I have found so far: The KYB forks seemed to be way oversprung for my 200#. Replaced with RaceTech .48 springs and Maxima 5wt made a huge improvement. I don't know what KYB had in there but they certainly weren't .43's.

Rear shock is horrible for me, resprung with a 5.8. The hi-speed compression is my biggest problem, it jackhammers my back over square edged potholes and rocks. The clickers don't seem to do anything. Aaron says he can fix it, so the shock is going to his shop.

As far as your question, I've heard of guys having it done but personally don't know any of them. This route is a lot cheaper and I have a baseline to judge from.
Rob578

Postby palada » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:30 pm

I just had it done for my '21 RR-S.

I ordered the service on 6/3, received a box a couple of days later, returned to them next-day and just got it back today, 6/24 (I'm in SoCal, so each way shipping probably one day each time). I haven't reinstalled yet so can't comment on the new feel. I went with the "Factory" package. The service was good, with appropriate communication from Beta. They included a sheet with the new stock and recommended settings, as well as two handfuls of the parts they removed/replaced.
palada

Postby Rob578 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:13 pm

I'd be interested in seeing a pic of the returned parts, just to see what they replaced.
Rob578

Postby jaysktms » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:11 pm

Rob578, I know what you are talking about. It just seem like they are adding alot of custom part from the factory. I did get a call from Brice and we had a long talk. My bike still is not here in the states and was thinking to get it done before its shipped to my dealer. I have have a lot of good luck using LTR and Steve at Afterhourscycles. I am just up in the air and might be just thinking too much!!!!
jaysktms

Postby Rob578 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:02 pm

I think if I was an A rider or Pro I would definitely use the factory service as a starting point but I'm just old and slow and need the bike to be all day comfortable, not do anything unexpected and above all, not try and jack hammer my back into submission. I think getting the correct springs on both ends. Adding a Lanier compression assembly and a revalve on the shock will go a long way and save me a lot of money. Shock is going to AMP Monday will let you know what I think.
Rob578

Postby jaysktms » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:23 pm

You sound very close to me. I still hall a$$ on single track but comfort and compliance is what I look for. Springs for sure.
jaysktms

Postby palada » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:16 pm

Rob578 wrote:I'd be interested in seeing a pic of the returned parts, just to see what they replaced.

here you go...

Edit: not sure why the image doesn't fit. You can also see here: https://photos.smugmug.com/NewBeta/i-6X ... usp-X2.jpg

palada

Postby Rob578 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:57 pm

Thanks!
It looks like for the shock they added a Lanier compression assembly and a bladder and the forks got new valves and shims. I guess you had a few miles on the forks is the reason they changed the seals and bushings.
Rob578

Next

Return to Suspension