Sachs rear shock service?

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Re: Sachs rear shock service?

Postby Hubert Carpet » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:57 am

Finally, Beta USA has updated the Sachs fork and shock service manuals on their website under "Support". Now covers up to 2019 models.

My 2013 300RR shock used to lose gas pressure and needed topping up every 40 hours.
2020 200RR.
2014 300RR. Gone but not forgotten.
Hubert Carpet

Postby JoeMaico » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:44 am

I noticed that as well. They also changed the process for bleeding the shock. Hopefully my parts will show up this week so I can give it try.

joe
JoeMaico

Postby JoeMaico » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:26 am

Went to replace a leaking oil seal on the Sachs shock last night and noticed the oil was black. Upon inspection, I see now that the Shock Body is worn. So, time for a new one. I was looking around to see if anyone made a replacement shock body for the 2016 Sachs shock, but I could not fine one. Does anyone know of one? Or, is the Beta replacement the only option. Also, is there a seal between the shock body and the bottom carrier? If so, is there a part number? The Parts Diagram does not show a separated shock body from the carrier - so I do not know if there is supposed to be a seal in there or not.

joe
JoeMaico

Postby mtdirtbag » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:19 am

Joe, I would suggest calling Aaron or emailing him at AMP suspension with your questions. He may have a suggestion or the parts needed. Phone number and email addy are on his website. allmotoperformance.com
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby JoeMaico » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:31 am

Thanks. Steven at PlusOnePerformance offers a reconditioned hard coated Shock Body for a good price. I am waiting to hear what he charges for a new Shock Body that has gone through the hard coating process. I will contact Aaron and see if he offers something similar.

joe
JoeMaico

Postby JoeMaico » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:20 am

While I wait for my new shock body to show up, I need to install the shock piston band over the piston. My first replacement came pre-assembled. For some reason, the latest one came in parts. Does anyone have a tried-and-true method of installing the band? I do not have the expensive Beta tool for the job. I am thinking of freezing the piston and warming up the band – perhaps that will provide enough clearance to slip over. Any other methods that have worked?

joe
JoeMaico

Previous

Return to Suspension