Sachs Fork Bleeder Cross Reference

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Re: Sachs Fork Bleeder Cross Reference

Postby ricoyam » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:39 pm

The correct Motion Pro Micro Bleeders for the Sachs fork is part number 11-0089. They are the gold ones for the Showa fork. Threads are M5-.80.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby GMP » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:48 pm

ricoyam wrote:Uh, check that. I'll need to check and confirm what I'm running on Chris's and my bikes. I just looked at a photo on my phone and it looks like it's a gold one.
Sorry, I'm not at home right now, I'll confirm the correct one tomorrow. I will say that the correct one won't leak.

Glenn, you can make them usable by putting them in a lathe and turning the lower section down enough to fit in the countersunk hole. Probably easier to just return them to the dealer that sold them to you though.

I don't use them anymore, just included the pic for a height reference. Mine leak. Love my MP tools but not the bleeders.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby ricoyam » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:58 pm

GMP wrote:
ricoyam wrote:Uh, check that. I'll need to check and confirm what I'm running on Chris's and my bikes. I just looked at a photo on my phone and it looks like it's a gold one.
Sorry, I'm not at home right now, I'll confirm the correct one tomorrow. I will say that the correct one won't leak.

Glenn, you can make them usable by putting them in a lathe and turning the lower section down enough to fit in the countersunk hole. Probably easier to just return them to the dealer that sold them to you though.

I don't use them anymore, just included the pic for a height reference. Mine leak. Love my MP tools but not the bleeders.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like. Let me know what you don't like about them, or anything we make. I'll pass it along to our R&D guys. That goes for anyone who has comments about Motion Pro stuff. I'm mainly Chris's mechanic and can't promise any changes but we do listen.
And yes, the bleeders you have will leak. They are not the right ones.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
ricoyam

Postby GMP » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:44 am

ricoyam wrote:
GMP wrote:

Shoot me a PM if you'd like. Let me know what you don't like about them, or anything we make. I'll pass it along to our R&D guys. That goes for anyone who has comments about Motion Pro stuff. I'm mainly Chris's mechanic and can't promise any changes but we do listen.
And yes, the bleeders you have will leak. They are not the right ones.

I know they are not the right ones for the Sachs. They are KYB bleeders and leak in my KYBs. It's the valve itself not the oring seal. The Stealths are fool proof, have MP make something similar maybe?
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby ricoyam » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:20 pm

If the valve itself leaks then it is defective. If you'd like call our customer service guy, Jon. He'd probably just send you another pair. Let me know if you want to do that and I'll give him a heads up.
<rick@motionpro.com>

I've put many of our bleeders both old and new styles on Chris's, his friend's and my own bikes and can't recall any of them leaking. Our old style used the same valve that we use on our tire gauges and I used to assemble those during the busy seasons. I must've built and tested several hundred gauges and never had one of those leak.

The Stealth ones simply unscrew? Most guys like the push button approach so I doubt we'd change at this point. I'll pass your experience along though.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
ricoyam

Postby DaddyTJ » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:31 pm

FI installed my Motion Pro bleeders last night. real easy job. Look great.
2017 Beta 300 RR
2015 Beta 300 RR
2008 KTM 300 XC-W Bye Bye
2010 Husaberg 450 FE Bye Bye
DaddyTJ

Postby Volfy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:35 am

Just getting around to order a set of MP bleeders for my '15 300RR. Thanks Rick for clarifying which to get. I wish RockyMountainATV would let me search by mfr part number, but I can only find it by specifying a bike. What make/model bike uses Showa forks compatible with 11-0089?
'15 Beta 300RR
'15 KTM 250 XCF-W
Volfy

Postby mtdirtbag » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:02 am

Volfy; just use the chat on Rocky Mtn and they will help you. I had a similar problem when I wanted to order the KTM switch for my map switch than was suggested in one of the threads. The young lady that helped me found it right away and it was a lot cheaper than anyplace else. While I was at it I suggested they allow the customer to utilize part numbers - whether they change that is another thing.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby Volfy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:41 am

Thanks. Didn't think of using the Live Chat. Good idea.

FWIW, I can see racers and high-caliber riders preferring the solid bolt type bleeders that might hold a hard seal. For casual riders like me, the push button types are much more user friendly.
'15 Beta 300RR
'15 KTM 250 XCF-W
Volfy

Postby mistico » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:15 pm

ricoyam wrote:The correct Motion Pro Micro Bleeders for the Sachs fork is part number 11-0089. They are the gold ones for the Showa fork. Threads are M5-.80.

Do you know if these fit the 2016 CC forks on the Race Edition?
mistico

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension