Sachs Fork Bleeder Cross Reference

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Sachs Fork Bleeder Cross Reference

Postby Mslow » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:03 am

Does anyone know what fork bleeders will fill the sachs forks on the standard 2014 300rr?
2014 300rr
Mslow

Re: Sachs Fork Bleeder Cross Reference

Postby GMP » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:37 am

Marco,

Don't waste time with push button bleeders that leak and end up causing more problems. Get these if the screws are a hassle for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-FORK-BLEEDE ... 934wt_1263

I have a set of Sachs on the bench I'll check the thread tonight if no one here knows for sure. Its either 4mm(KTM WP) or 5mm(KYB/Showa)
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Mslow » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:52 am

Thanks Glenn, text me later if you get a chance to look at the threads
2014 300rr
Mslow

Postby bmrev01 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:04 am

Glen
the screw in bleeders you posted look sweet but did you find the height an issue? I know when running the bar clamps in one of the positions it was very tight height wise around the tops. Thanks
Dave
bmrev01

Postby GMP » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:44 am

I guess it could be in certain positions. I always have the bleed holes to the rear, and have a 5mm riser shim so I can get to the comp adj screw with reasonable effort. This is with KYB SSS to the first line. With the Sachs, the cap hex and reb adj star on top make it even taller overall. With that, I suspect the bleeders will not be a problem if your bars clear your rebound adj. The other thing I noticed is the Sachs bleed holes are counterbored deeper in the cap than my KYBs, so overall height would be even lower installed. If my KYB versions fit the Sachs I'll take a pic and measurements tonight.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby GMP » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Ok the Sachs bleeder screw thread is M5 and the Stealth Tech bleeders from my KYBs fit perfect. The oring from the original screw gives the best fit. Here are a few pics. The top of the bleeder is about 1mm higher than the adjuster. The MP leaker is there for reference. I noticed that the body of the MP bleeder hits the cap before you can feel the oring compress, not the best situation.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 14113 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 14113 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (40.99 KiB) Viewed 14113 times
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Marty Moose » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:57 am

GMP wrote:Ok the Sachs bleeder screw thread is M5 and the Stealth Tech bleeders from my KYBs fit perfect. The oring from the original screw gives the best fit. Here are a few pics. The top of the bleeder is about 1mm higher than the adjuster. The MP leaker is there for reference. I noticed that the body of the MP bleeder hits the cap before you can feel the oring compress, not the best situation.

Nice post GMP if there was a like button you get one :)

MM
Marty Moose

Postby GMP » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:27 am

Thanks. Sometimes we need a "Jersey Salute" (middle finger) button too. :lol: :lol:
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby ricoyam » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:36 pm

GMP wrote:Ok the Sachs bleeder screw thread is M5 and the Stealth Tech bleeders from my KYBs fit perfect. The oring from the original screw gives the best fit. Here are a few pics. The top of the bleeder is about 1mm higher than the adjuster. The MP leaker is there for reference. I noticed that the body of the MP bleeder hits the cap before you can feel the oring compress, not the best situation.

Glenn,
The correct Motion Pro bleeder is black, I believe. The blue one will not seat.
I'll have to check my bike but pretty sure they are black.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby ricoyam » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Uh, check that. I'll need to check and confirm what I'm running on Chris's and my bikes. I just looked at a photo on my phone and it looks like it's a gold one.
Sorry, I'm not at home right now, I'll confirm the correct one tomorrow. I will say that the correct one won't leak.

Glenn, you can make them usable by putting them in a lathe and turning the lower section down enough to fit in the countersunk hole. Probably easier to just return them to the dealer that sold them to you though.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Next

Return to Suspension