My 2017 Beta Suspension Lessons Learned

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Re: My 2017 Beta Suspension Lessons Learned

Postby aj_mariner » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Not sure what LT Racing used for seal grease on mine. But the old seals he sent back to me were torn before and parallel to the lip. The inside of the seal looked like it’s a black rubber. Ever since he revalved and fully serviced them, no more black fork oil. RockyMountain ATV sells Race Tech Seal grease. I ordered some to do another full servicing this winter.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby Antimullet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 am

Noleen SF-3.
Antimullet

Postby firffighter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:40 am

aj_mariner wrote:Not sure what LT Racing used for seal grease on mine. But the old seals he sent back to me were torn before and parallel to the lip. The inside of the seal looked like it’s a black rubber. Ever since he revalved and fully serviced them, no more black fork oil. RockyMountain ATV sells Race Tech Seal grease. I ordered some to do another full servicing this winter.

After talking with Les on the phone, I'll be sending my suspension to him when our riding season shuts down this winter. Don't trust many in the industry, but Les has been in the game for decades and has seen and done tons of Sachs suspension with high praise and reviews. Plus he's local to me and understands the terrain I ride intimately.
firffighter

Postby Ed Lew » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Ok, cheers, will get some ordered
Ed Lew

Postby aj_mariner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:13 pm

firffighter wrote:
aj_mariner wrote:Not sure what LT Racing used for seal grease on mine. But the old seals he sent back to me were torn before and parallel to the lip. The inside of the seal looked like it’s a black rubber. Ever since he revalved and fully serviced them, no more black fork oil. RockyMountain ATV sells Race Tech Seal grease. I ordered some to do another full servicing this winter.

After talking with Les on the phone, I'll be sending my suspension to him when our riding season shuts down this winter. Don't trust many in the industry, but Les has been in the game for decades and has seen and done tons of Sachs suspension with high praise and reviews. Plus he's local to me and understands the terrain I ride intimately.

You won’t be disappointed.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby JDC » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Some good reading up on this one. I just picked up my first Beta (2018 300rr) and have talked to Les over at LT after several recommendations. I'll be dropping off the parts this weekend at his shop. Thanks for the info, everyone.
JDC

Postby webmaster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:11 pm

JDC wrote:Some good reading up on this one. I just picked up my first Beta (2018 300rr) and have talked to Les over at LT-Racing after several recommendations. I'll be dropping off the parts this weekend at his shop. Thanks for the info, everyone.

FYI to anyone else reading -> Les' website can be found at www.lt-racing.com

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suspension