300 rr forks !

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Re: 300 rr forks !

Postby happy seal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:11 am

My bikes suspension is going to Stillwells as well. Race edition going to be resprung, pressure spring, and revalved. He said the bike WILL be amazing when I get it.
Be carefull, think first!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

Postby twowheels » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

There are lots of tuners that can do the Marzocchi 48s, us included. We've done a ton of these forks in the GasGas guise with great results. Closer to home you might even look up Evan at Solid Performance.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Enmerdeur » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:06 pm

mtdirtbag wrote:
Enmerdeur wrote:Well I have to say I am pleased with the Stillwell setup on my Sachs forks. So much better then the stock setup.

Did you have both ends done - or?

Yes u did. Glad I did. Very well balanced
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby betaboy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 am

Hubert
The KYB forks are twin chamber from the TC husky.
I also used the stock disc and just re-drilled the hole to move the magnet.
betaboy

Postby twowheels » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:37 am

Hubert Carpet wrote:I assume that there aren't any bikes that use Nissin brakes on KYBs?

Yamaha-fitted KYBs use Nissin brakes ...
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 am

NETRA (Connecticut) terrain is extremely rocky, much like where I live and practice ride. A more focused setup for sure. Tuner should know this terrain for best results.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby happy seal » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:27 pm

GMP wrote:NETRA (Connecticut) terrain is extremely rocky, much like where I live and practice, ride. A more focused setup for sure. Tuner should know this terrain for best results.

Alan Stillwell himself assured me he was very familiar with New England terrain and could accommodate me just fine. I sure hope he is right. I was watching some Alabama videos yesterday and chuckling at the sandy smooth baby carriage trails they were riding. No offense Southerners, not your fault there are no rocks. ;)
Be carefull, think first!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

Postby Enmerdeur » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Alan started in Colorado riding in the Rocky Mountains which, well are rocky! I am pleased with is mods on my 300. It does very well in the rocks now
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby GMP » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:15 pm

happy seal wrote:
GMP wrote:NETRA (Connecticut) terrain is extremely rocky, much like where I live and practice, ride. A more focused setup for sure. Tuner should know this terrain for best results.

Alan Stillwell himself assured me he was very familiar with New England terrain and could accommodate me just fine. I sure hope he is right. I was watching some Alabama videos yesterday and chuckling at the sandy smooth baby carriage trails they were riding. No offense Southerners, not your fault there are no rocks. ;)

Good then! Just tossing that out in general as I've seen east coast guys get burned by west coast tuners. Les(LTR) is a good west coast guy, as WA is a lot like here with all the relentless trail trash and moisture.

Sand can be torture as well, and realize the GoPro makes things look smoother than they really are. Come down for a south Jersey race sometime, you don't have to go to Alabama.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby brantsdad » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:08 pm

GMP wrote:
happy seal wrote:

Good then! Just tossing that out in general as I've seen east coast guys get burned by west coast tuners. Les(LTR) is a good west coast guy, as WA is a lot like here with all the relentless trail trash and moisture.

Sand can be torture as well, and realize the GoPro makes things look smoother than they really are. Come down for a south Jersey race sometime, you don't have to go to Alabama.

+1 on LTR .. Les is great.... I may end up sending my stuff to him eventually... Did wonders on My Husqvarna...
2013 300RR
2004 Husqvarna 167 (125 big bore) I should have never sold her
brantsdad

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension