Sachs Shock High speed adjustment

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Sachs Shock High speed adjustment

Postby celler » Sat May 10, 2014 11:23 am

Overall like the action of my shock but I noticed on big hits it will bottom pretty hard. Dialed the HS from the stock setting of 22 to 12 and little improvement in bottoming. Surprised at this. What are other experiences with the Sachs shock HS adjustor? Is it only get effective near closed?
celler

Re: Sachs Shock High speed adjustment

Postby twowheels » Sat May 10, 2014 10:36 pm

What are you running for spring/sag? Rider weight?
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby celler » Sun May 11, 2014 4:17 am

5.2 33 static 110 Rider
Had also tried
5.2 30 static 105 Rider

Same observation - the shock was pretty easy to bottom but worked well overall. Hence I started adding some HS. I have more HS to add and will be trying that next ride. Just thought the 4 clicks of HS I already added would of been more noticeable. So much good experience on these forums I though I would just reach out and see what others have to say.
celler

Postby GMP » Sun May 11, 2014 6:13 pm

I had the same observation as well. The shock was really close, especially for technical woods. It just used travel a little fast sometimes and bottomed in big whoops and on some small jump landings. Rebound was a little fast as well. I had minor changes made, nothing radical, and it's good for everything I see in our series and on my local trails.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Return to Suspension