2019 ZF OC Fork

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

2019 ZF OC Fork

Postby xdab » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Is there ANYTHING out there that gets into this new fork? Only thing I can find is a vid of a Beta guy explaining what rebound and compression clickers are for..... in Italian.
xdab

Re: 2019 ZF OC Fork

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:27 am

Have you checked the support section of betausa where the manuals are??

Did you ask your dealer??

https://youtu.be/42n5SSAHFg8
hawaiidirtrider

Postby xdab » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:47 pm

As best I can tell the Beta support site provides owners manual which doesn't really get into forks other than very basics, i.e.. recommended clicker settings. Site also provides "technical data" for the model but is just a specification sheet. The video link reiterates what little there is in the manual and is what I was referring to.

What I'm after is recommend fork oil volume(s) and more importantly I suppose is what separate treatment the respective forks get on account of fact one is designed for compression and the other rebound. Put it in play with dealer but have yet to hear back. Again, just wondering if anything out there that gets into this fork in a little depth. Maybe there isn't.
xdab

Postby braindead0 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 pm

As far as oil level, I asked BetaUSA. Received this from Bryce (via Tim Pilg):

Oil level, or air space can be measured two different ways. One way is with the outer tube dry and oil only inside the inner fork tube, or the other way is with oil inside the inner and outer fork tube.

Our department measures oil level, or air space with both tubes filled with oil.

When fork bleeding procedure is complete with both fork tubes filled taking up any air space, the following fork oil levels for the 19’ Sachs open cartridge fork is listed below:

Oil level range = 100-145mm

Stock oil level = 135mm

Any suspension comments, questions, or concerns, please contact me directly.

Thanks,

Bryce Rivera
braindead0

Postby xdab » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:07 pm

OK. Thanks. Not sure about references to inner and outer tubes being filled/ unfilled but I suppose (hoping) it's like any other OC fork with a recommended air gap range. Also assuming both legs, compression side and rebound side, get same gap. Guess I'll see when I get them apart.
xdab

Postby wwguy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:06 am

Aaron Hlad from AMP Suspension offers some useful insight into this fork in this recent post on his Facebook page.
wwguy

Return to Suspension