Boano / Andreani cartridge pair for the XTrainer

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Boano / Andreani cartridge pair for the XTrainer

Postby jmbueller » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:48 pm

New owner of a 2019 Xtrainer here. (previously KTM 350 EXC and 500 XCW owner). I like to ride the slow technical stuff, but occasionally get going fast as well. I've only had the XT out a few times, and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Rides thus far have been on technical single track in the mountains and desert in WA state. I love the compact, flickable feel of the thing, the stand over height, the light weight, and the power band. So I'm keeping it. 8-)

Thinking long term about improvements in the forks. Has anyone got any experience with the Boano/Andreani cartridge pair kit?

https://shopbetamotorcycle.com/collecti ... tridge-kit

Is it a significant improvement? How much of the low speed plushness do you give up? Difficulty of install?

Any input is appreciated!
jmbueller

Re: Boano / Andreani cartridge pair for the XTrainer

Postby TEDSBELLAX » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:07 am

I LIKE TO FOLLOW THIS QUESTION.
TEDSBELLAX

Postby Rv4Bob » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:43 am

Can you still get these? Have you looked at converting a Yam YZ125 KYB fork to the XT? I just finished my conversion on my 2016 XT and very happy with the result. Only got one ride, was to much spring for me so ordered a Eiback spring set, have not tried it yet. Nice thing about the Yam forks parts/tuning is very easy to get/do. Here's the thread in case you haven't read it. I maybe in Concrete WA this summer, might bring the XT if I could find someone to ride with.....????
https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/12 ... rsatility/
Rv4Bob

Postby jmbueller » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:55 am

Yes, you can still get the dual cartridge kit through Sierra Motorcycles per their Parts Manager, Tom Lynn, who has replied to my email inquiry. I'll check out the link to your mod, thanks! Depending on what time of year you are coming out to Concrete, we could probably arrange a ride. I'm located out on the Olympic Peninsula, so I'd need a little advance warning to get over to that side of the Sound.

BTW, Is the RV4 portion of your tag a Van's RV4 by any chance? My other ride is an RV7.
jmbueller

Postby Rv4Bob » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Of course I got one! Almost 34 years old, about 1500 hour, based at FFZ. I'm bobrv4 on vansairforce. Cool that u got a 7.
Will pm you with regular email to chat more.
Rv4Bob

Return to Suspension