2019 Sachs CC Forks

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

2019 Sachs CC Forks

Postby mcrag » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:03 pm

So I just picked up slightly used 2019 390 RR Race Edition. Looking through the manual, under Adjusting the Spring Preload it states "spring preload is adjusted by using the ring-nut". And it shows a picture of it - on the right side fork, just under the damper rebound clicker. My bike does not match this. There is nothing there but the damping clicker (it looks exactly like the left side fork). Anyone know why the discrepancy? And, more importantly, how to adjust fork preload? Thanks.
mcrag

Re: 2019 Sachs CC Forks

Postby throttle » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:36 am

I don't think you'll find a preload adjuster on the left-just the right if it's like my 300rr. There's a sachs CC manual somewhere on the Sach website site now but right off the bat my left fork is looking different from the diagrams. :?:
2019 300rr
throttle

Postby Wallybean » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:18 pm

I would talk to Steve at afterhourscycle.com
Wallybean

Postby twowheels » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:21 pm

mcrag wrote:So I just picked up slightly used 2019 390 RR Race Edition. Looking through the manual, under Adjusting the Spring Preload it states "spring preload is adjusted by using the ring-nut". And it shows a picture of it - on the right side fork, just under the damper rebound clicker. My bike does not match this. There is nothing there but the damping clicker (it looks exactly like the left side fork). Anyone know why the discrepancy? And, more importantly, how to adjust fork preload? Thanks.

Sorry, first time to the board in a while. The closed cartridge forks have internal preload adjustment capability. With the cartridge out of the fork assembly, slide the upper spring seat down (it will likely fall down, unless the oil keeps it in place). There is a circlip in one of five (or three, depending on the year) grooves. Move the circlip down to increase preload with a given spring, or up to reduce preload. There is one on each fork cartridge.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Return to Suspension