2016 RE Rebound

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

2016 RE Rebound

Postby JoeMaico » Wed May 19, 2021 8:57 am

The rebound action on my Sachs 2016 RE forks is getting weak. They seem to top out a lot more than they use to, and I have had to increase the rebound settings to compensate. I did replace the piston assembly (026.34.354.00.00) awhile back as a replaceable wear item when the Teflon bushing was showing signs of wear. And, all was great for a while. But lately, the rebound seems to be blowing through without much resistance. I do not see any replaceable wear item offered for the rebound assembly. You have to buy the complete unit. The rebound piston has an O-Ring and a sealing band. Assuming these are wear items, has anyone ever sourced these individual parts - and if so, where did you get them? Other than wear on the rebound O-Ring and band, I do not why the rebound would be getting weaker. I don’t think shims ever wear out. If anyone has experienced similar issues, I would be interested to hear how you resolved them.

joe
JoeMaico

Re: 2016 RE Rebound

Postby Marty Moose » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:32 pm

Not with sachs however cartridge seals wear and they suck in air or they are not bled properly.
Marty Moose

Postby JoeMaico » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:19 am

I was able to to just get the seals from Steve. Resolved the issue. I don't know why Beta makes you buy the whole rebound unit.

joe
JoeMaico

Postby Marty Moose » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:52 pm

JoeMaico wrote:I was able to to just get the seals from Steve. Resolved the issue. I don't know why Beta makes you buy the whole rebound unit.

joe

I think its maybe a sachs thing. Why they didn't fit the TC to the whole range back in the say we will never know.
Marty Moose

Return to Suspension