KYB forks into Beta

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Re: KYB forks into Beta

Postby Silverfox » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:41 am

twowheels wrote:
Silverfox wrote:Got mine in today, but more on that later, What is everybody doing re the speedo pick up??.

Drill and tap the new hanger.

Can you send me a pic??
Silverfox

Postby Jakobi » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:05 am

Silverfox wrote:
twowheels wrote:
Silverfox wrote:Got mine in today, but more on that later, What is everybody doing re the speedo pick up??.

Drill and tap the new hanger.

Can you send me a pic??

Not sure if the speedo sender is the same on the Beta, as the ones on the GG.. but this is where I drilled and tapped.

Jakobi

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Just make a small bracket for the pickup that mounts to the caliper bolt. We did that for years running ICOs for enduros before factory computers (that got tossed anyway) and their pickups showed up.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Silverfox » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:51 am

GMP wrote:Just make a small bracket for the pickup that mounts to the caliper bolt. We did that for years running ICOs for enduros before factory computers (that got tossed anyway) and their pickups showed up.

That's what I am leaning towards doing, Should be simple to make up and easy to fit
Silverfox

Postby Marty Moose » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:52 am

Well just picked me up a set of SSS Kyb forks off and 08 Yz250 really cheap :) 35mm lugs which is great. Now going to graft them into a set or later model uppers and fit them to my 350 as a summer project :) Happy times I think. Or if this is to $$$ I'll machine down the top land to 54mm as some have done. How many of you have machined down the top 56mm land to 54mm ?

MM
Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:55 am

Well there is a fella over here in Australia that says there is heaps of room to take them to 54mm so here goes. :) Will anodise them red and put on some Sachs stickers just to keep you all happy :)

MM
Marty Moose

Postby Doofry » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:10 pm

Guys, I'm fitting a set of KYB SSSs from a 2014 YZ250F to my Beta Xtrainer. I've been reading up on the threads to try and work out what is needed to pull all the parts together.

So far what I've got is the forks (good condition), a set off Beta 4 stroke (23mm offset) triple clamps coming, a Braking POW106 caliper adapter coming and I've ordered a standard YZ (I assume 22mm) axle for the forks as they didn't come with one.

So the thing I'm missing is a set of spacers, though I've seen that Hyde Racing seem to do a set but I know my 2014 forks are going to run a 22mm axle so have my doubts they fit this axle. What is the solution here for the axle diameter issue, some sort of custom sleeve?

Thanks
Doofry

Postby Marty Moose » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Can't help you with your issue Doofry but you helped me :) Ordered some Hyde racing spacers today. Pretty $$ by the time i get them to Western Australia but does save me hassle and time also they are anodised red win win :)

MM
Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:45 am

So grumpy stripped them down and the forks are AOS off a 2005 model GGGGRRRRRRR. Anyway seller seams ok will get my money back and look for another set. Bit jacked off the spacers were nearly $200au OUCH...... and I was excited about valving and racing them in two weeks. Oh well my Sachs are pretty good really so no biggie :(

MM
Marty Moose

Postby Doofry » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:07 am

Marty Moose wrote:Can't help you with your issue Doofry but you helped me :) Ordered some Hyde racing spacers today. Pretty $$ by the time i get them to Western Australia but does save me hassle and time also they are anodised red win win :)

MM

Glad I could be of assistance :D

Which forks axle are you fitting? I assume your axle is the same diameter as the Beta then?
Doofry

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension