Marzocchi Forks

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

Marzocchi Forks

Postby BETAGAR » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:12 pm

I don't mean to sound stupid, but how do I adjust the rebounds on these forks? I've had my new 300rr race edition for 1 month now and have only ridden it once. I'm waiting for my JD jet kit to come in, the factory jetting is not working well at all and now I'm dealing with a suspension issue. I was able to adjust the rear shock, but the Marzocchi forks don't have the normal adjustments I'm used to on my KTM. My dealer was not able to help, this was his first Race Edition sold. Any help would be appreciated.
2015 300rr race edition
2009 KTM 250xcw
BETAGAR

Re: Marzocchi Forks

Postby twowheels » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:01 pm

BETAGAR wrote:I don't mean to sound stupid, but how do I adjust the rebounds on these forks? ..... My dealer was not able to help, this was his first Race Edition sold.
:o :o :o :o

Rebound is on the bottom (measured in clicks out from fully closed). The small screw in the top of the fork leg is compression (measured in clicks out from fully closed). The three-pointed adjuster on top of the caps is the PFP. Use a 12 point 22 or 7/8" wrench to adjust (measured from turns fully open).

Don't wait too long to get the initial oil out of the forks - your life, and that of the bike, will be better if you flush the original fill sooner rather than later.

Steve
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Darkside » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:02 pm

they're just like a ktm. rebound on the bottom, comp on top. go the beatusa.com and download the manuals
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby twowheels » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Darkside wrote:they're just like a ktm.

Just like the GasGas actually ...
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
twowheels

Postby dirtbird » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:29 am

twowheels wrote:

To summarize they are just like any CC fork... :lol: :lol:
'10 RR450, '11 RR450, '12 RR498, '13 RR300, '13 RR300 Racing, '14 RR250/300 Racing - all gone
'17 RR300
dirtbird

Postby twowheels » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 am

dirtbird wrote:
twowheels wrote:

To summarize they are just like any CC fork... :lol: :lol:

Just like any other CC fork with adjustable PFP ... but to say they are like a KTM begs the question "Which one?"
twowheels

Postby BETAGAR » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Thank you for all the input, I will look closer tomorrow. My KTM has a straight screw end on the bottom but the Beta has an allen type screw. I guess my other problem is the fact my bars are in the way of getting straight on top of the upper forks, so I'll have to customize a screw driver.
Thanks Gents
2015 300rr race edition
2009 KTM 250xcw
BETAGAR

Postby Alta Redneck » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:53 pm

.Don't wait too long to get the initial oil out of the forks - your life, and that of the bike, will be better if you flush the original fill sooner rather than later.

Is there something wrong with the factory oil? Or just the crud in the forks after break in? My bike has zero hours, but I'm doing the springs here this week, should I just throw new oil in when i do them or is the factory oil good enough for break in.
Alta Redneck

Postby twowheels » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Alta Redneck wrote:
.Don't wait too long to get the initial oil out of the forks - your life, and that of the bike, will be better if you flush the original fill sooner rather than later.

Is there something wrong with the factory oil? Or just the crud in the forks after break in? My bike has zero hours, but I'm doing the springs here this week, should I just throw new oil in when i do them or is the factory oil good enough for break in.

It's best to flush any and all of the crap left over from assembly from the forks, and you'll have a chance to do a visual inspection and make sure your bushings are in proper order etc. There are numerous threads on how to best disassemble and reassemble the PFP forks. Enjoy.
twowheels

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:18 am

hawaiidirtrider

Next

Return to Suspension