45mm Marzocchi's not bleeding air

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

45mm Marzocchi's not bleeding air

Postby ballisticexchris » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 pm

deleted
Last edited by ballisticexchris on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ballisticexchris

Re: 45mm Marzocchi's not bleeding air

Postby Mark Donovan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:33 am

Chris we don't run pushbutton air bleeders because they regularly fail. When they do fail it effects the "Air Spring" that is the specific volume of air in the fork cavity that is regulated by the oil level. Oil won't compress but air will. That is one of the way's to fine tune spring rates. You should never release air pressure when the fork is compressed, only bleed air when the suspension is not loaded and the front tire is off the ground. Ideally in that circumstance you would not hear any air escape as it should be the same as atmospheric pressure. Air pressure will change with temperature changes and the expansion and contraction of every internal component including the oil as their temperature changes with operation. So it's not a constant. I'm sure you knew that stuff, but you never know. I have watched guy's push those buttons at every trail stop so I know they could not know what was going on with them.
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Re: 45mm Marzocchi's not bleeding air

Postby Johnny Depp » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:17 am

My 48mm Sachs never had one bit of air pressure buildup. I damaged one of the very fragile things when working on the bike and took them off.
Johnny Depp

Return to Suspension