Front wheel quick release instructions?

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Front wheel quick release instructions?

Postby betafroff » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:39 am

Hey Guys, New beta 300RR owner and loving it! One thing I can't work out though is the quick release front wheel, what makes this quick release and how is this done correctly? I can't find anything explaining this! Any help appreciated!
betafroff

Re: Front wheel quick release instructions?

Postby bikesparky » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:19 am

I guess you're talking about the race version who has the grab handle to pull the axle out.
It's not a quick release as such as the pinch bolts and axle nut still needs to be undone.
The difference is that you can pull the axle out with the "handle" which helps heaps if wet and mud or cold are about.
It's also helpful to do the axle nut back up as you don't have to do up the pinch bolts, tighten the axle nut, undo the punch bolts, check fork, do up punch bolts.
Just do up the axle nut using the "handle" to hold the axle from spinning on that side and do up all the pinch bolts, done! Saves a few steps.
bikesparky

Postby Alta Redneck » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Be sure to check your Handle and make sure it's tight in the axel. My Handle would fall right our of the axel once the pinch bolts were loose. I checked another bike at my dealer and it came out as well. So I drilled a small hole through the axel and handle and put a roll pin in to keep from loosing the handle.
Alta Redneck

Postby GMP » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 pm

I had a GasGas that came with the same pull tightened so hard it distorted the axel OD and made it tough to slide the axel in the lug bore and align the fork. I'd use less torque and a locking agent on the surfaces.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby betafroff » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:52 pm

Awesome, Thanks for the response!
betafroff

Return to Chassis & Body