Stabilizer post mounts 2015 RR

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Stabilizer post mounts 2015 RR

Postby redrider » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Thinking of getting an over bar stabilizer for my 2015 300RR thought I'd ask what most of you use. I've noticed the steering neck weld bead is a little high and doesn't leave much seating surface for the standard clamp on stem. On the PROMOTO Fastway site, it looks like they use something different for the Beta. No good pictures but I'm assuming it sits on the upper steering neck bearing and lips over the the steering neck to remain stationary. I'd rather use a 2 piece clamp on stem like what's offered for the KTM. Anyone tried this?
redrider

Re: Stabilizer post mounts 2015 RR

Postby GMP » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:16 pm

I talked to them about that clamp on post when I got my bike back in '13. They said it was in the que. I still don't see a Beta specific kit or post on the site.

I run a top mount Scotts with the Fastway adjustable bar clamp mount(same as KTM). I got a Scotts/BRP clamp on post for a Beta 4stroke, only girl in town at the time. It took a lot of grinding and filing to fit, and honestly I did not like the lack of clamping area either, mainly at the rear. BRP said to grind the frame welds smooth, screw that. It does work well though, because the tight fit over the welds prevents it from moving. I have had several clamps with large smooth areas on GGs and they would slip occasionally unless I drilled and tapped the collar for M5 set screws.

Even if PMB/Fastway have a clamp on tower, it will still have do deal with the variable of human welding.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Enmerdeur » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:20 pm

I have the complete Fastway system on mine. Fits with no issue. Has the clamp on post.

They do have a Beta specific clamp

http://www.promotobillet.com/c-780974-m ... lamps.html

http://www.promotobillet.com/c-1012880- ... -beta.html

Then the rest is just KTM parts.

If I had to do it over again I would probably go with the Scotts just because it is not as bulky as the Fastway. That is the only thing I don't like about the Fastway, otherwise it performs well.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby GMP » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 pm

I stand corrected. I looked at kits and saw no Beta kit, did not look at individual components. Nice part for about the same price as a BRP clamp. So no grinding needed? That's good, they must have machined out more relief on the clamp than the BRP part.

FWIW, Scotts and Fastway dampers share the same mounting hole dimmensions. Fastway uses a longer arm and as such their posts are offset rearward. Scotts damper with Fastway clamp/post should be no problem with longer Scotts arm. I run the longer arm with the BRP clamp to better center the pin rather than have it at the very end of the slot, almost touching the stock short arm.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby ricoyam » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Hmm, thought I posted to this thread but it looks like it didn't post.
I'm planning to put my Scotts on my bike but mine is further complicated by the Cycra CRM handguards. I just put a SUB system on Chris' KTM and had to use the handguard adapters on that. I'd have to do the same on my bike but the Beta bars are narrower and a different bend which means more tweaking the hand guards into shape.
Anyone running the SUB system? Is the increase in bar height much of an issue?
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby GMP » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:09 pm

I have used one in the past on a GG and hated it. The whole tall bar thing just does not work for me, but everyone is different. For handguard mounts in a SUB application try Bike Bonz, or I beleive BRP now makes a bar clamp/hand guard mount similar to the Fastway but sized for conventional handguards like Cycra or EE. Very minimal tweaking of EE guards with the Bike Bonz.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Return to Chassis & Body