Plastics 2013 to 2014/2015

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Re: Plastics 2013 to 2014/2015

Postby GMP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:25 am

dirtbird wrote:
GMP wrote:Everyone says the '13 fenders were floppy and '14+ better, but I''ve folded mine in half and it popped back like new. No creases, cracks, etc. Amazing. I've cracked shrouds and totally destroyed the headlight but the fenders have been good!

Agreed, the older design it just gets floppy when loaded with mud, otherwise resistance to breaking is normal.

What I like more in the new style fender is the 'pointy' design.....
You don't really look at it, but when you're riding somehow gives you more directional stability :lol: :lol: (through your peripheral vision I suppose).

A test to check how better it feels is during a ride to swap bikes with a new 13+ KTM. Their fender feels like you're riding with a shovel in front....

So, does that mean if I put a fender on your bike with a curve to it you would ride in a big circle? :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I have never had a fender recover like that before, I mean it was folded like a taco.
I have had success with spraying the fender undersides, and other parts of the bike with silicone mold release agent before a muddy ride. Heavy mud cannot stick as well and the bike cleans up a lot easier. Just cover your brake rotors! :o Its basically pure silicone(no petroleum products) with propellant in a spray can. Same as food grade silicone spray for use in food plants, or dry suit (diving suit) seal lubricant found in dive shops.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Previous

Return to Chassis & Body