Stickers coming off after just 2 rides

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Stickers coming off after just 2 rides

Postby Arctra » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Has anyone else had trouble with the stickers/decals on their bikes starting to come off? After just my second ride my decals ahve already started coming off :o

Right side panel (I have glued it back on already which is why there is discoloring):

Left side panel (looks like my boot is catching it):

Left radiator shroud (I have no idea why this is coming off already as nothing is touching/rubbing it when I'm riding):

The "Race Ready" versions were supposed to come with inmoulded graphics which would have meant I wouldn't have this problem, but my Race Ready has come with standard stick-on decals.
Arctra

Re: Stickers coming off after just 2 rides

Postby Hammer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:31 am

Half my graphics blew off my 13 300 race in just a few rides. I wish the factory would clean the the mould release before installing them. Good thing I like function over beauty :lol:
Hammer

Postby GMP » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:39 am

From the ride or the wash? So far mine have stayed put. I did wear holes in the inner knees of two pairs of pants from the sandpaper seat though.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Hammer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:34 am

Finished a race missing front fender graphics.
Hammer

Postby Arctra » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:53 am

Well, the Australian importer (Gary) and my dealer (Wright Motorcycles in Yass) have exceeded my expectations. I got home yesterday and there was a new sticker kit along with a hand written note apologizing for the durability of my stock decals.

I have ordered some 3M clear protection stickers which I intend installing over the Beta decals in the hopes that the stickers and plastics will be saved from superficial scratching and the edges of the decals will be protected too.
Arctra

Postby dirtbird » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:46 pm

It always prolongs stickers life if you use -carefully- a heat gun and a spatula when installing a new set and check again after few days.
You have to use soapy water to apply them and if use re-use your plastics, you have to clean them really well and get rid the old glue (its like a mastic).

A clear, protection sheet will help in terms of abrasion but it will make the stickers even thicker and this will make peeling-off easier.
'10 RR450, '11 RR450, '12 RR498, '13 RR300, '13 RR300 Racing, '14 RR250/300 Racing - all gone
'17 RR300
dirtbird

Return to Chassis & Body