Are beta and Ktm hubs interchangable?

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Are beta and Ktm hubs interchangable?

Postby Canadave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm wondering if beta and Ktm hubs are interchangeable with regards to lacing them to a hoop?
I'm looking at swapping hubs with someone who has a rear beta hub for the rear hub from my spare Ktm set. I know the width is slightly different and the bolt pattern for rotors and sprockets differ. The reason we don't swap full wheels is he has a 19" and I have 18". We would both like to keep our respective wheel sizes and not have to mess around with special spacers.
Any help would be appreciated.
Canadave

Re: Are beta and Ktm hubs interchangable?

Postby dirtynenow » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:04 am

Parts Unlimited lists the same part numbers for both KTM and BETA in regards to rims and spoke kits.
dirtynenow

Postby Pieter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am

You can even use the complete KTM wheel, if you remove 2mm from the spacer at brakeside and put the beta disc on. You have to use the KTM spacers with the same axle diameter
Pieter

Postby Canadave » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Pieter wrote:You can even use the complete KTM wheel, if you remove 2mm from the spacer at brakeside and put the beta disc on. You have to use the KTM spacers with the same axle diameter

That's what I'm doing now. If I had a beta hub on it I wouldn't need differents spacers etc.
Canadave

Return to Chassis & Body