Front brake too sensitive

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Re: Front brake too sensitive

Postby Yorick » Thu May 03, 2018 11:46 am

Hi, I'd like some pads with more initial bite. What do you recommend ?

After 30 years race and track riding, it's taking a while to get used to hard front braking on the rough stuff.

I want instant bite, then progressive improvement as more pressure applied. I don't like to have to really squeeze hard. I want to just use one finger

Gracia :)
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu May 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Yorick wrote:Hi, I'd like some pads with more initial bite. What do you recommend ?

After 30 years race and track riding, it's taking a while to get used to hard front braking on the rough stuff.

I want instant bite, then progressive improvement as more pressure applied. I don't like to have to really squeeze hard. I want to just use one finger

Have you found brakes better than Beta?? I don’t know.. nissin is great. Maybe just try different brands of pads to try?
I think you’re probably just going to get used to riding on the rough stuff and adjusting riding style. It’s not that much of a change is it? Maybe change lever like the Midwest lever to try?
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Yorick » Thu May 03, 2018 2:34 pm

hawaiidirtrider wrote:
Yorick wrote:Hi, I'd like some pads with more initial bite. What do you recommend ?

Have you found brakes better than Beta?? I don’t know.. nissin is great. Maybe just try different brands of pads to try?
I think you’re probably just going to get used to riding on the rough stuff and adjusting riding style. It’s not that much of a change is it? Maybe change lever like the Midwest lever to try?

Any idea of pads to try ?

And what are the Midwest levers ?

Gracia
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Fri May 04, 2018 12:09 am

Yorick wrote:
hawaiidirtrider wrote:

Any idea of pads to try ?

And what are the Midwest levers ?

Gracia

http://www.midwestme.com/

Just google beta rr brake pads and see the choices.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Jerry tenret » Thu May 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Goatse wrote:I don't want to sound like a jerk. But man... I didn't think too sensitive could even be a thing for brakes. More sensitive means less finger effort. Less effort, means less work or less arm pump. I love the brakes on the Beta and would use pads with 'more' bite if I could.

You don't sound like a jerk. What i should have said is that i do not like the lack of feel /modulation. I do not mind one finger braking.
I will try the EBC pads.
Jerry tenret

Postby Marty Moose » Thu May 10, 2018 9:15 pm

I'm the same as many I love the one finger front but find the rear lacks feel. I use Moto Master sintered rear pads as they have much more feel, maybe try these in the front if people are finding the front brake to much.
MM
Marty Moose

Previous

Return to Chassis & Body