Front brake boost

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Front brake boost

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 pm

I didn't like the amount of lever pull it took to modulate the front brake on my 300RR. Back bled it, cleaned the rotor - no improvement. Cranked the lever adjusting screw all the way in to take up as much play as possible. Still not to my liking. Finally took out the lock nut on said adjuster screw and ran the screw in even farther. Bingo! One finger braking. Haven't compared it to a recent KTM with their Brembo components, but I am very happy with the feel and power of the Galfer/Nissan setup. Great brakes, and another no-cost Beta mod.

Suppose if it is too touchy for you with no locknut, one could stack a small washer or two as a spacer in front of the adjuster nut. Everyone has different set up preferences.
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
Hawkeye

Re: Front brake boost

Postby flybars » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:59 pm

I use one finger for the front brake also. Which is why I call myself flybars. Always doing a superman over the bars when I first started riding offroad. Thanks for the tip.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby ryanmac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:26 am

My 07 CR250 had awesome sharp brakes. The 300's Nissin just doesn't compare. I will try that locknut removal.

Thanks for the tip.
'13 300RR
ryanmac

Postby twowheels » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 am

Pad material composition (as well as rotor material) can make a huge difference in feel and power. Size matters, but it's not the only thing that's important :lol:
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 am

EBC Reds. Yeah they get eaten up quicker with the daisy rotors but the feel in all conditions is worth it. Less rotor wear too.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Return to Chassis & Body