Beta X Trainer rear wheel torque

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Beta X Trainer rear wheel torque

Postby Survivor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 pm

The rear axle nut torque recommendation is 75 Nm in the Torque Table of this forum. My Beta is the X Trainer 2016.
I have tried it at that 75Nm torque but the rear wheels moves away from the nut going towards the rear. It cannot go the other way as the adjusting nuts are locked.
It usually happened on the brake side but not always.
I finally got it to stay in place but at +/-105 Nm which is way above this 75Nm Forum Torque Table recommendation. There is also a general recommendation to not have it too tight as to prevent wheel bearing problems.
The owner's manual for the Beta X Trainer page 60 does recommend 130 Nm????
Can I damage the wheel bearings at +/-105Nm?
As I gradually brought the torque higher from 75Nm (Beta Forum Torque Table) to 105Nm to achieve that the rear wheel does not move backward, I hope all is good.
Please let me know if it is all right to have +/-105Nm torque on my rear whell?
Thanks for your help.
Survivor

Re: Beta X Trainer rear wheel torque

Postby aj_mariner » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:51 pm

I torque my 300 RE to 130Nm. Stick to the manual, and if you find inconsistencies in specs then don’t hesitate to shoot Beta USA an email through the Contact Us page
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Re: Beta X Trainer rear wheel torque

Postby Goatse » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm

I've ridden Yamahas my whole life and they're always north of 90ft/lbs (122Nm).

The Beta does have an aluminum nut though, so I was hesitant on doing it as tight as the Beta chart suggests. It's funny how you stopped at 105Nm though... It's exactly what I put the rear nut at on my RR and on my wife's Xtrainer. But the reason I went that spec, is because I use ft/lbs and my race number is 77. So I went with 77ft/bs (105Nm) on them.
Goatse

Return to Chassis & Body