Making 300RR better for a tall rider

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Making 300RR better for a tall rider

Postby drdfblackm » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:51 pm

So I have a 2017 300RR and I have a set of risers and found that the clutch line was too short to use.....before I start reinventing the wheel....what did you do to make your 300RR more tall rider friendly? I know new seat and what not but what I am finding right now is that I am too hunched over when standing on the pegs.

Just looking for input before I start spending a bunch of money on stuff I don't have to necessarily buy.

Thanks.
drdfblackm

Re: Making 300RR better for a tall rider

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:22 pm

drdfblackm wrote:So I have a 2017 300RR and I have a set of risers and found that the clutch line was too short to use.....before I start reinventing the wheel....what did you do to make your 300RR more tall rider friendly? I know new seat and what not but what I am finding right now is that I am too hunched over when standing on the pegs.

Just looking for input before I start spending a bunch of money on stuff I don't have to necessarily buy.

Thanks.

First of all try moving your bars to the furthest forward hole in the triple clamps. It’s free. Next you might get a tall seat foam.. gutz seats and seat concepts have options.
I got a taller bar. I got a Suzuki/ktm bend pro taper taller bar. I also got some rear offset 1/2” moose racing ktm pegs. There’s a bunch of choices for pegs that might work. Some go fastway and other brands of pegs.
Theres a video that covers this on youtube. It’s one of Barrys crosstraining vids.
hawaiidirtrider

Re: Making 300RR better for a tall rider

Postby wwguy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:25 pm

You can replace the stock clutch line with this one, which is 2" longer.

I'm 6' 2" tall and on my Xtrainer I like Fastway foot pegs, mounted in the "lowboy" position, combined with 1" or so bar rise rise I get with a Scott's stabilizer SUB (under bar) mount.

wwguy

Return to Chassis & Body