BRP Rubber Mounted Triple clamp?

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

BRP Rubber Mounted Triple clamp?

Postby j_humphries » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:06 am

Has anyone experienced the BRP Rubber Mounted Handlebar Clamp?
I haven't found many reviews on this, looks interesting, and was wondering if it is any good, and how effective it is at reducing vibration of the 300RR?

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/brp-rubb ... s_controls?
j_humphries

Re: BRP Rubber Mounted Triple clamp?

Postby njbill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 am

I have a BRP rubber mounted clamp with under-bar damper. I do not feel a significant reduction in vibration on my 300 XT. On my KTM200 2T, I installed Flexx Bars and noticed a significant reduction in vibration. YMMV
2016 Beta 390 RR
2013 Yamaha WR250R
njbill

Postby Trail Rider » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:56 pm

I dont use the BRP mount, but some friends have told me that vibration reduction is minimal. Not cheap, but I agree that flexx bars do reduce vibration along with the overall cushioning. On my 300, I feel more vibration in the pegs than the grips with the flexx bars. BTW - if you want to use a scotts under bar damper, they make you use the BRP mount. However, with some minimal filing, the fastway under bar mount works.
2018 Beta 300RR
Trail Rider

Postby Lonesome Dave » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 pm

I'm not really sure I can help, but.... I've had the BRP on two different Beta's (4T's) and also have had the Scott's dampener (sub-mount) in conjunction with the BRP. I would agree the vibration reduction is minimal. I guess the only thing I can say is I like the set-up and if I bought another new bike I would buy it again. In fact my BRP was on a KTM but of course it wouldn't fit my new Beta. I called BRP with questions. The tech guy told me the cheapest way for me to set it up for the Beta. Basically split up a mount system and use part of it and buy the other part. Sold.
Short story; very happy with the set-up.
Older - Wiser - Faster !
Lonesome Dave

Postby NR_Showstopper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:01 am

I am about to remove mine and would be interested in selling it to you. The vibration is low, but even minor wrecks tweak the bushings and bend the mounting bolts. Then you are a few miles into the woods with a very crooked handlebar setup. The replacement cost for the bushings is prohibitive for me as well.

I loved this BRP/Scotts sub mount for the 1 ride where I did not wreck.
NR_Showstopper

Postby j_humphries » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 pm

So Dave, what are the biggest benefits, you think? Is it the reduction of harsh pulses from square-edge hits?
Does it help with arm-pump/hand fatigue? That is my main reason for looking into this.
-Thanks

Lonesome Dave wrote:I'm not really sure I can help, but.... I've had the BRP on two different Beta's (4T's) and also have had the Scott's dampener (sub-mount) in conjunction with the BRP. I would agree the vibration reduction is minimal. I guess the only thing I can say is I like the set-up and if I bought another new bike I would buy it again. In fact my BRP was on a KTM but of course it wouldn't fit my new Beta. I called BRP with questions. The tech guy told me the cheapest way for me to set it up for the Beta. Basically split up a mount system and use part of it and buy the other part. Sold.
j_humphries

Postby Lonesome Dave » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 pm

j_humphries wrote:So Dave, what are the biggest benefits, you think? Is it the reduction of harsh pulses from square-edge hits?
Does it help with arm-pump/hand fatigue? That is my main reason for looking into this.
-Thanks

Lonesome Dave wrote:I'm not really sure I can help, but.... I've had the BRP on two different Beta's (4T's) and also have had the Scott's dampener (sub-mount) in conjunction with the BRP. I would agree the vibration reduction is minimal. I guess the only thing I can say is I like the set-up and if I bought another new bike I would buy it again. In fact my BRP was on a KTM but of course it wouldn't fit my new Beta. I called BRP with questions. The tech guy told me the cheapest way for me to set it up for the Beta. Basically split up a mount system and use part of it and buy the other part. Sold.

I think for me it was a way to mount up the Scott's dampener, using the sub-mount position. I don't really think it helps much with arm pump but reduces vibration a little. I guess it's just a solid mounting system that I can forget about and simply use. If I break it, I'll probably be dead in the crash anyway. If that makes any sense!
Older - Wiser - Faster !
Lonesome Dave

Postby Dyrtmon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 am

The BRP mount is a solid well built under the bar mount that cradles the Scotts damper nicely. It also adds necessary height to the handlebars. The elastomers don't really soften any vibration or jarring, but I figured that would be the case before I bought em.
2013 300 RR
2009 KTM 300 XCW
2015 Husqvarna FE350
Dyrtmon

Return to Chassis & Body