Sprocket cross reference

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Sprocket cross reference

Postby 18lstroup » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:35 am

Im trying to determine for sure what other sprockets fit on my 2017 300r. I have read about the honda crf sprockets working but I haven't read anything recent. So what other sprockets will work?
18lstroup

Re: Sprocket cross reference

Postby mtdirtbag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:12 am

Is there a problem buying a sprocket for your Beta? You don't indicate where you are located but if in the states the Beta specific sprocket is as easy to procure as the Honda unit. Most of my parts are from my indy and I have had a new sprocket in two days. There have been posts that indicate the Honda unit can be fitted with minor modification but unless you already own a high dollar Honda sprocket - I would ask why? JMO
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby Goatse » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 am

Don't chance a broken hub which could result in a Gnarly crash (with a Honda sprocket).

Get a Beta specific sprocket and don't mess around IMO.
Goatse

Postby Dirt Dud » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Goatse wrote:Don't chance a broken hub which could result in a Gnarly crash (with a Honda sprocket).

Get a Beta specific sprocket and don't mess around IMO.

I agree since this is a big investment buying a bike why would you need to find a crossover that may or may not work ?
2018 125 RR
Dirt Dud

Postby motomikex1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am

hello , I own a 2017 beta 390 rr-s I have found a lot of beta parts are ktm. front and rear sprockets bolt right on.
also modern ktm wheels work on the betas. put the beta front wheel spacers on the ktm wheel. use the front beta axle. the rear is a bit different use ktm bushings in ktm wheel but mill 1.5mm from each bushing width. steering head bearings are the same. I just put my ktm ohlins v 2.1 steering damper on my 390 no mods needed.
motomikex1

Postby Goatse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:08 pm

motomikex1 wrote:hello , I own a 2017 beta 390 rr-s I have found a lot of beta parts are ktm. front and rear sprockets bolt right on.
also modern ktm wheels work on the betas. put the beta front wheel spacers on the ktm wheel. use the front beta axle. the rear is a bit different use ktm bushings in ktm wheel but mill 1.5mm from each bushing width. steering head bearings are the same. I just put my ktm ohlins v 2.1 steering damper on my 390 no mods needed.

Hmmm, I'll have to check my KTM sprocket that I bought for my 2nd wheels. I'm running KTM wheels on my Beta as well. The rotors have the same bolt pattern, but I didn't think the sprockets (especially the rear) worked on both.

Also, IMO the rear is centered better (chain alignment between sprockets) if the 3mm is all taken off of the brake rotor side.
Goatse

Postby 18lstroup » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:19 am

I was interested in getting a honda sprocket because they have a way more plentiful selection to choose from
18lstroup

Return to Chassis & Body