Wheels for xtrainer 45mm marzocchi shiver forks

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Wheels for xtrainer 45mm marzocchi shiver forks

Postby SolidBeta808 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:12 am

Got a 15 xtrainer with the 45mm marzocchi forks that Boano Racing offered. Tryna get new complete wheels. What bike is these forks from? My only concern is the front wheel, the back is the same as the 250/300rr. Let me know what u guys come up with
SolidBeta808

Re: Wheels for xtrainer 45mm marzocchi shiver forks

Postby wwguy » Tue May 07, 2019 7:14 am

That kit was set up with a new axle and spacers fit it to the stock Xtrainer front wheel. More info in this blog post.
wwguy

Postby SolidBeta808 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:01 am

wwguy wrote:That kit was set up with a new axle and spacers fit it to the stock Xtrainer front wheel. More info in this blog post.

Yup. But here’s my plan. #1 have dubya make a set of wheels for $13-1400, #2 order a set from Sm Pro wheels but it for a 250/300rr but no guarantee that the front will fit for $800, #3 strip my wheels/ powder coat my hubs/new excel rims/stainless steel spokes and nipples for bout $800.

If the sm pro wheels fit then i can keep my stock setup.
SolidBeta808

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Wed May 08, 2019 12:07 pm

SolidBeta808 wrote:
wwguy wrote:That kit was set up with a new axle and spacers fit it to the stock Xtrainer front wheel. More info in this blog post.

Yup. But here’s my plan. #1 have dubya make a set of wheels for $13-1400, #2 order a set from Sm Pro wheels but it for a 250/300rr but no guarantee that the front will fit for $800, #3 strip my wheels/ powder coat my hubs/new excel rims/stainless steel spokes and nipples for bout $800.

Can’t you just ask dubya if their Xtrainer wheels were the same as rr wheels? I think it’s exactly the same as 300 rr wheels but stock wheels on xtrainer have thiner spokes front and back but not 100%. I was under the impression that the difference for fit were the spacers .

The other thing is where do you live? Oahu? If you are on Oahu.. I can take off my 300 rr front wheel and can match up to your Xtrainer to see how it fits. I live in Mililani but my bike is in Aiea.

I recently put a new front rim and put stainless spokes too . I’m going to put stainless spokes behind with a wider 2.5” rim too.

Just pm me bumbye
hawaiidirtrider

Postby SolidBeta808 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:25 pm

hawaiidirtrider wrote:
SolidBeta808 wrote:

Can’t you just ask dubya if their Xtrainer wheels were the same as rr wheels? I think it’s exactly the same as 300 rr wheels but stock wheels on xtrainer have thiner spokes front and back but not 100%. I was under the impression that the difference for fit were the spacers .

The other thing is where do you live? Oahu? If you are on Oahu.. I can take off my 300 rr front wheel and can match up to your Xtrainer to see how it fits. I live in Mililani but my bike is in Aiea.

I recently put a new front rim and put stainless spokes too . I’m going to put stainless spokes behind with a wider 2.5” rim too.

Just pm me bumbye

Dubya wheels are the same for xtrainer and 250/300. U just gotta buy their spacers for the front. Don’t feel comfortable dropping $13-1400 on their setup. Lol. Wat is ur name?
SolidBeta808

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu May 09, 2019 3:16 am

Just pm me bumbye[/quote]

Dubya wheels are the same for xtrainer and 250/300. U just gotta buy their spacers for the front. Don’t feel comfortable dropping $13-1400 on their setup. Lol. Wat is ur name?[/quote]

Then you got your answer about the cheaper wheel sets.. just gotta make or buy spacers though right? Or use the spacers you have.
hawaiidirtrider

Return to Chassis & Body